Chapter 6

Zoe calling Espen

Hi Espen. How are things going for you? Where are you now? Are you in the states yet? Hi Zoe. Things are going great headed by home to my family. Hey, Espen Zoe said what family are you headed back to? What do you mean Zoe? So I am your first wife and you have a second wife and a son. (A long pause) Espen are you there? Yes, I am still here. Why did you do this to us this is so messed up I hate what you have done to our family. What I wasn't enough for you. Why? Zoe, please let me explain. There is nothing to explain now let me get this right. First, you were going to have a son by a person in China and then I find out that you have a twelve-year-old son and you are married to this person. What do you mean let you explain there is nothing to explain. So Zoe what do you want me to do? What the fuck do you mean what do I want you to do? I can't tell you what to do. It seems that you have been doing what you want to do for the past twelve years.  So were you going to ever tell me about any of this? ( A long pause)Espen are you there? Why aren't you answering any of my questions? I don't know where to start and how it got so out of hand. I didn't plan for this to happen. I just stop thinking about what might happen and continued on with my life. Zoe, I do love you and I want to be with you and the girls please give me another chance. But Espen this lady said that her husband which is you will be back here for the new year. What about that? What are you going to do? Zoe do anyone in the family know what I did? Yes. The entire family knows even my mother all of the children. Even Valley and Napa know.  They are so mad at you.  Napa said why did you do this to our family she said she wants to talk to you and she said she want's to hurt you bad. What about Valley what did she say? All she said was I have a brother. ( Espen) Dam, Dam, Dam man now what? Espen you didn't answer my question. What was it I don't remember. I said where are you? I am in Hawaii waiting for the next flight out. How long is your wait? I have to wait for three hours. Then where are you going from there Espen? I thought that I was going to come to you and the girls. No, you can't come here. Then where can I go Zoe please don't do this to me? I am not you did this to yourself. I am filing for a divorce at first I had forgiven you but damn man you have a twelve-year-old son. That is so fucked up Espen you screwed your self and everyone out there. I will see you in court. No! wait please I have changed. I want my family back please Zoe. Which family do you want back Espen? Zoe, Zoe I love you I need you. Can I come to the house and talk to you please? What is going to change Espen? You are still going to be married and have a son. So what is going to be different? I want to see my daughters, please. Haven't you done enough to them?  You have a good day. Well, Zoe, may I talk to the girls when I get there? Yes, you can meet them somewhere I don't want you to come to the house. That is my house also Zoe. Espen don't sound stupid right now. You can meet with the girls after school this is their last week before Christmas break so be at the coffee shop at four p.m.. OK.  See you soon Zoe no I will not be there I don't want to see you.

Espen meeting the girls

Hi daddy how are you doing? Welcome back to the states said Valley. So, daddy, I have a brother and you are married to his mother? How can you do that to our family? You messed up our family it will never be the same.  Will we get to meet our brother? Yes. When? How about now? I can't do it now. Why not? Because he and his mother don't know anything about the two of you. Do they know about mother? No. Why? I don't know I never thought to mention you guys. Daddy, you sound pathetic I don't fill sorry for you I am just so mad at you I don't know what to say. Daddy, you hurt mother you are so full of shit. You fucked up our family I hate you. Napa don't talk like that. Man shut up I hate you. Get away from us we don't want to meet your wife and son go to them and stay the fuck away from us please thank you for nothing. Let us go Valley man forget him he is a nothing of a man to do this to our family. Valley wait, please. No bye dad.

Girls returning home

So how did it go girls with your dad? Valley said so daddy, I have a brother and you are married to his mother? What else was said?  How can you do that to our family? You messed up our family it will never be the same. Will we get to meet our brother? Yes. When? How about now? I can't do it now. Why not? Because he and his mother don't know anything about the two of you. Do they know about mother? No. Why? I don't know I never thought to mention you guys. Daddy, you sound pathetic I don't fill sorry for you I am just so mad at you I don't know what to say. Daddy, you hurt mother you are so full of shit. You fucked up our family I hate you. Napa don't talk like that to your dad Espen said. Man shut up I hate you. Get away from us we don't want to meet your wife and son go to them and stay the fuck away from us please thank you for nothing. Valley you should not have been so mean to your dad. But mother look at what he has done to our family and it has been going on for a very long time.  He has a son in our age group how messed up is that.