Chapter 9

Dexdon calling Rou

Hi honey where are you? I am leaving the office. Where are you going? I am going to the condo. Are you going to meet me there? Yes. Well, I will see you soon love you. Love you too. So how did everything go with our old friend Günter Von? Well, he decided to be there lawyer. Did you pay him already? Yes. That was very kind of you considering Dexdon don't have the kind of money  Günter Von is accustomed to getting paid.  So how are the boys? One will be getting out in a couple of days and the other will be there for maybe another week. So what did  Günter Von tell you after you told him about the problem? Well, he went a little into detail about this. He mentioned something about if there any surveillance footage.  And he said because the boys are under sixteen the county district attorney's office cannot directly file adult charges against them. I told him that they said they had to defend themselves. So they are claiming self-defense. When claiming self-defense you will be arrested and probably charged. Considering what the facts might prove. And they are admitting to stabbing this man. There will probably be assault charges which will be murder in the first degree.  He did say that he doesn't know of too many successful arguments for self-defense when there is the use of a weapon.  He asked me what was the motive for stabbing this man. I told him that the boys went over there to retrieve the money that he owed to them in the amount of five hundred dollars and the man refused to pay them and that is when the fight broke out. This is a big problem Dexdon do you want to wait with the wedding? No! No! this will go as planned. Everything will be alright. We can handle this ok. (they are hugging) Is there anything in the fridge to heat up I am hungry. I stopped on the way home and got us some Chinese for dinner. That was very thoughtful of you thanks. I was glad that I stopped and picked up something for us to eat because we were both tired and had a lot to do.

The next day

Dexdon got out of bed because of the phone just ringing. It was his son on the phone letting him know that the boys are both in jail and if he can contact the lawyer. Hey, Rou I am going to meet Dexdon Jr. at  Günter Von's office so that we can get things rolling. Ok. I guess I will be running the office again today. Do you mind Rou? Oh no, it's fine. I am here for you I love you, dear. Do you want to meet up for lunch?  Yes. Where? We can meet at  Lora"s they serve good Spanish food.  Ok, I will meet you at noon. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I call the temp service for some help in the office today. That's fine see you at lunch love you. The office help was great I will keep her until things are back to normal. (going to lunch) Hi, Dexdon (kissing and hugging)Hi my love. How was your day at the office and how did the temp work out? Everything was great I want to keep the temp until things are back to normal she is very efficient. I left her at the office with the student intern I told them we were meeting for lunch and that I will return in an hour. Ok, that's good. So how is it going with the case?  Günter Von explained that there is a procedure for handling this kind of a case which consists of establishing an official way of doing something. Did you ask him if there is such a thing as stand your ground? No. How do you know about stand your ground? I was watching a court case on television and it was like self-defense and the person won he stood his ground he defended himself. against a person that was trying to kill him, he killed the person instead. Was he charged with murder? No. He walked. He explained everything to me that he has to do.  He said he has to have an arraignment which consists of reading the charges against the defendant before a judge.  Then there has to be a preliminary hearing then there is a second arraignment after that there is a pretrial hearing and motions then there is the jury trial. He also mentioned the self-defense law which is recognized here in this state.  This is February so he should be done by the end of June of next year. And during that time this is what will take place. We will try to negotiate a settlement for up to six months then file a suite. And then towards the end of the six months, negotiations look promising but are not conclusive so both sides agree to give it three more months because the negotiations have fallen through.  Then there will be another three months after the lawyer files suit and with these complications makes getting the other party served properly. After that, the other party responded with a motion to dismiss which can raise legal issues so your lawyer gets the three-month extension to write his opposition. Then it will take the courts another four months to decide not to dismiss. Then there are depositions to be scheduled documents to be found and interrogatories that require three months to compel to get finished. He said all of this will take up to sixteen months. Then there will be a serious of pretrial motions that take three more months to complete.  Günter Von has done all of this? Not yet but this is what he will do. He said, in the end, we will win the case. 

The Wedding day

This is the day of our wedding we are scheduled to meet with the justice of the peace in her office at te this morning. We woke and ate and got dressed and met her at her office. We are now married and on our way to our reception. Dexdon and I gave the children a budgeting for the reception and as they know this is an indoor event they decorated the community room in red and black it looks gorgeous it doesn't even look like the community once you step inside. The tables are decorated in red and black with red and black roses on them with red and black plates and napkins. Everything is so uninformed. We love everything about it. The guess all have on the same colors and the music is great old school slow and fast music we danced all night. We had a sit down meal it was great we had lobster served with mashed potatoes and red wine. There was an open bar and we had a toast with cocktails. Our guess knew we had everything we needed in our home so they gave us gift cards and money. Our children had our entire wedding recorded and they gave us a copy to take with us if we find the time to watch it they said. Our children gave us a trip to Paris, France it's capital, is a major European city and a global center for art, fashion, gastronomy and culture.  We stayed there for two weeks we made love and went everywhere I really enjoyed myself.  I bought me some cloths, shoes and a lovely green purse. Dexdon got himself a pair of shoes and a special made black suit. We sent our things ahead so that we don't have much to carry. We have two days left in this beautiful city. So we went to the Eiffel tower, Louvre Museum,  Nortre-Dame de the iconic Gothic church and last we went to the Arc de Triomphe a national monument. Time to go back home  I really enjoyed myself. We took so many pictures enough for a life time. We are back home now and we have so much to talk about with our friends and family. 

 ·