Chapter 4

After the dinner

We ate until we dropped everything was good the food the family the conversation man I loved everything about Thanksgiving and we took a lot of pictures. This was a good memory for the entire family. I wonder what we are going to do for Christmas. I have a nice size family there were eleven people there. I had Otto to light the fireplace so that the condo could fill cozy while we watched a movie the AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR I had never seen a Marvel movie it was worth watching considering it was very long. Everyone is gone they even cleaned up for me which was great otherwise it would have taken me forever because I didn't want to use paper plates I wanted this to fill real and important to my family. Because my children know when I use my china it is a big deal to me. 

Going back to work

It was time I go back to work I was gone for an entire month and Dr. Roen handled everything without incident. He had insisted that I take a break this long after the death of my husband. He felt I would be moping around the office not getting anything done. But now I am back ready to do some work ready to get back in the grove something else to do because my condo is clean and the dogs are fine growing and shots are up to date.  Wow everyone was so happy to see me and I am happy to be back. Dexdon gave a big hug and a kiss on my mouth that shocked me.  It was a different kind of kiss or am I just over thinking things.  I worked until lunchtime I went to the cafeteria and got my salad and sit down there and started to eat and then there was a voice it was Dexdon asking if he can join me for lunch. I said sure.  He asked me how I was and if I am sure I am ready to be back at work. I told him I am just fine and I filled him in on all of the things that I had been doing about my dogs and how my children and their children came over and we had a big family Thanksgiving dinner. He said he ate alone for Thanksgiving I told him he should have contacted me he could have come over to my condo and chilled with us. So I told him if he is not doing anything for Christmas he is welcomed to come and be with me and maybe my children and grandchildren. He said ok that sounds like a date.  So what are your children doing these days anyway? Well Lafela is still working at the stock market she got a promotion she is the assistant to the president of exchange. Wow, a female that's what's up I know you are so proud of her. Yes, I am she likes her job.  Waldell just got a job he was let go the store because it is closing they sell everything on the computer nowadays and he was the accountant so now he is a sub at the high school for math. Well, at least he is working no matter what he does and he has that math degree.  Amen God is good yes he is all day long. How are their children doing? They are doing fine China graduates this year and is going to a community college she wants to start slow she wants to work with children.  And Boris is on the school football team and he loves it when he talks to me about it I see this smile on he face that you can die for. His grades are good and his attendance is great.  Dexdon Jr. is following in his father's footsteps he works at a clinic in the valley.  And LaShella is a nurse in the same clinic and it seems that they are still in love. The twin girls are cheerleaders at their school and you know to do that they must maintain a certain GPA which is a 3.0 or above. What about the twin boys well that is a different story. They are skipping school and selling drugs one had to be locked up in detention and the other one is doing nothing. I don't know what they are going to do with the boys they are just trying and all I can do is pray for them. 

Dr. Roen 

Hey Rou can I talk to you? Yes. Well, I have been working with you for a long time now you were there for me when my wife died and now your husband is dead we are alone. I like you and want to know if you would like to go out on a date with me? I am not trying to rush you OK Rou you think about and let me know soon. Well, Dexdon I don't see any reason why we can't go out for dinner and wine that sounds fine. So what time will you pick me up? Or do you want me to meet you somewhere? No, I will pick you up?  Here is my address. I will see you at eight OK. for we went out and I had a nice time and I didn't expect to have such a great time and we didn't talk about work at all which was fine for me.  We came into work did our jobs and decided to go out for dinner again this time I told him to meet me at the place.  We met at a bar and we danced and had some wine and sit and talked for a while just some small talk. Time got away from us I left the bar at about eleven p.m. when I got home I was not able to get him out of my mind I could not stop thinking of Dexdon dam who would have thought.  We have been going out for the past two weeks. This was not expected I am starting to have feelings for this man. I wonder if he is having the same feeling for me? Should I just come right out and ask I don't know.  It's Friday and Zoe and the girls are coming over for the weekend. We will go shopping for the house.  Zoe hasn't said anything else about Espen it is good that Zoe went and got the girls in school so fast. We went and got a new kitchen table for the house and now we have to get some furniture for the house there is nothing in there.  They had sold everything in the house and they need to get some beds. We will do all of this today so that they will have nothing to worry about. And the girls will have something to sleep on. The children are in school so we found everything that they needed and everything will be delivered in two days and they are going to stay with me until then.  Zoe just got back from picking the girls up from school. We just got back from dinner at family restaurant the food was good I am full had to get me a to-go container.  The girls are happy to spend some time with me even though it is just for the weekend. That's fine with me I always say too much of a person can make you not want to be around them. So the girls are sleep already I guess they are tired everything has been moving so fast for them and now they can rest.  So now I have the chance to talk to Zoe about what has been going on with me. So I made us some tea and we sat by the fireplace. I told her that I am not sure what to do about Dexdon. She said what do you mean? Well, he and I have been going out for about two weeks now and I am developing some fillings for him. I don't know if these fillings are real or if I just want a man because I miss your father so much.  Mother, I think you need to make sure that he is filling the same fillings that you are and move forward with your life. What? Do you want to be alone for the rest of your life or what? Do you. Go with your fillings and have fun and enjoy your life. I think dad would love for you to do this and not mope or be alone but to be happy. Do you and the girls want to go on a picnic tomorrow? Yes. Hey, mother, you should ask Dexdon to go with us.  That might be nice I think I will. Ok, then goodnight mother.

The Picnic
So I called Dexdon the see if he wanted to go on a picnic with my daughter and granddaughters and he said sure. What do you want me to bring he asked? Oh, you surprise us.  So do you want me to meet you all? Yes. Where? The beach? Should I wear my swimming trunks? No, because I don't know how to swim.  What time should I meet you there? Oh at noon. Ok.  See you soon.  We made it to the beach Zoe and the girls had on their swimsuits and they played in the water Dexdon and I took the lunch out and fixed the lunch up in the lunch area.  I bought chicken and salad and Dexdon bought a cake we had a great lunch I think we stayed for about two hours. I really enjoyed myself. I was beaten so I went home and took me a shower and laid down for a couple of hours. Dexdon wanted to go out for dinner.  It cooled down so we ate dinner at the beach and walked around the beach and talked for hours. I went home and went right to bed I had a good day. Monday is here so I need to go to work and I will see Dexdon we are going to have a serious talk about our relationship because my fillings for him is starting to change in me about him. When I saw him in the office I asked him if we can have lunch together.  We decided that we are up in age and neither of us wants to be alone so we decided to date and see where that may go.