Chapter 11

So many sad things have happened in the past two years. I hope nothing else happens anytime soon. It is getting close to Dexdon's birthday and I want to give him a party. So I will call our children so that we can plan. 

Planning Dexdon's party

(Calling Sally Maze) Hi Sally. How have you been doing these days? Sally, I need to schedule to use the community for Dexdon's surprise birthday party. What day do you need it Rou? I need it for September eighth all day. That's fine you can bring the deposit by whenever. I will come by in the morning on my way to work.  Is that ok? Yes. Do you want to stop by the house? Yes if that is ok with you. I will be bringing you a check. Ok, then I will see you in the morning good night. (Call Dexdon Jr.)Hi Dexdon. How are you and yours?  We are doing just fine mother Rou thanks for asking.  So what do I have the pleasure of you calling me? Well as you know your father's birthday is coming up and I want to give him a party. That sound' great. Ok, so what do you need me to do? Well, there is so much to do so I am going to ask everyone to help. I need you and your family to do the decorations in the community spare no expense. This is what I need you to get One balloon with the number 60 on,  fifteen banners, two centerpieces three confetti thirteen custom/personalized, cutouts and signs one, decorating kits one, decorations twenty-nine gag gifts one,  and last hanging decoration eighteen. Here take my credit card and buy what I asked you to buy please. Give it back to me in two days so I can have someone else to do something else. Ok, mother Rou. Thanks, Dexdon and remember no one is to let Dexdon know. Ok, I will see you in two days bye for now. (Calling Otto) Hi mother how have you and your husband been doing? Son, I am so very happy. Well, that is very good I am happy for you. So what's up mother? I am giving Dexdon a birthday party. Cool. So I got Dexdon Jr. and his family to do the community room and I told him to spare no expense I gave him my credit card and he is giving it back to me in the morning. So what do you want me to do?  Here is the menu that I want you to go by first there is the main dish which would rabbit, gravy and mashed potatoes, then I want appetizers and here is the recipe.  This is called Five-Spice Chicken Wings you will need 3-1/2 pound of chicken wings, 3 green onions, chopped, 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce, 2 tablespoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 4 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of Chinese five spice powder, and 2 medium limes, cut into wedges. I want you to order him a lemon cake large enough to serve one hundred people and four gallons of Neapolitan ice cream. What do you want on the cake? I have a picture of him that I want on the cake and I want it to say happy sixth we love you. Thank you, baby, I will be talking to you later go and get the card form Dexdon Jr. I will call him and let him know that you are coming bye honey I love you. (calling  Lafela) Hi mother Row how are you doing? Fine, thank you, dear. Lafela I am giving your father a birthday party and I need you to do something for me, please. What do you want me to do for you? I have a list of names for you and I need you to send out invitations for your father's birthday party. Ott has my credit card and once he has finished with I need you to go and get it so that you can pick up some lovely invitations to send out make sure you have the invitations make sure you have the number 60 on the front of the card with his name engraved on the inside. And make sure you mail them out as soon as you have done this please put RSVP on the card and spare no expense. Thank you I will be talking to you very soon love you bye for now. (Calling Zoe) Hi Zoe dear. Hi mother. Zoe, I am giving Dexdon a birthday party and there is something that I need you to do. Yes, mother? What do you need mother? I need you to hire some waiters and servers for Dexdon's birthday party. Three women and three men. Maybe you can call a temp service. (Calling Silver) Hi honey. How is everyone doing? Things are slowly getting better Jezell is back in school but not hanging out with her friends.  Honey I am going to give Dexdon a birthday party and I need you to do something for me. What do you need mom? I need you to hire a  photographer/recorder to do Dexdon's birthday party. Zoe has my credit card and I will tell her to give it to you after she finished doing what I asked.  Ok, I can do that. Thank you dear and maybe you can check with a temp service. I just might do that mom love you bye mom. (Calling Waldell) Hi mother Rou. Waldell I am giving your father a birthday party and I need you to do something for me. Sure. What? I will need you to get my credit card from Silver after she has finished doing what I have asked her to do. I want you to go to the liquor store and buy all kind of alcoholic beverages for the party. Thank you see you soon love you.  Ok, now that I have everything in place I need to go and get my husband his first birthday present from me so it has to be special very special. Now I need to figure out a way to get him to the community center without him knowing that I have planned a birthday party for him. I know what I will have Zoe tell him that she needs to talk to him in private and if he could meet her at the community at a certain time because she doesn't want the girls to know what she has to talk to him about. Now I have to figure out a way for him to dress up. Ok, I am going to tell him that I scheduled a private dinner for us to celebrate his birthday. And I will tell him to be dressed before he meets with Zoe because we will be leaving right after that. I told him to wear the suit that he got when we were on our honeymoon.