Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Calling my Children: Calling Zoe

I am calling Zoe first one of my granddaughters answered the phone in Chinese I like the fact that they are learning a new language. You never know if you might need it or it might come in handy one of these days. So now Zoe is on the phone saying is everything all right why are you calling I finally got a word in. So, the first thing I did was give her my new address and new phone number I forgot they didn't have a way of contacting me at my home only at my office and I haven't been there in a couple of weeks. She said she was happy for me. I asked her to tell me how things were going for her these days and she started to cry. I asked her what happened, and she said that Espen Moen moved out and in with his new girlfriend and she is going to have a baby by him in a month it is a boy. He finally gets his boy huh right. So, are you going to get a divorce or what? Yes, I am going to file for a divorce. and I am going to get everything. And I don't think he is moving back to the states because she wants her baby around her family and he said she don't like the United States and don't want her baby to grow up there so he is staying to China for good. When are you coming back this way? Well I know when this job is over I am moving back to the states me and the girls. I am moving back into the house we had paid for and look for a job. So, have you been taking care of yourself? Yes, I am just working and taking care of the children until this job ends which is in one month. Is he going to marry this lady? Oh, I don't know and don't care. What do the children think of this? They are mad and upset at him they don't understand how he could do this to our family they had asked him. He called to talk to them and they refuse to talk to him. What do the girls think about the divorce? The girls are fifteen and thirteen years of age Mother they know what cheating is. I want this divorce there is a child involved how can he do this to me I was faithful to him. I gave him my all whatever he thought we should do we did like move to China. I moved away from my family I left everything I knew and had to learn their way me all over again. Man, he messes up our family for sex because I know he can't be in love with this woman. He told me didn't love her it was a mistake there was not supposed to be a baby. What about the girls will they ever see him again? Right now, at this point I don't care he fucked up. What if he files for joint custody? Then he must find a way on his own to see his children, but I am going to request that they not leave the state during his time with them, so he got to figure that out. He brought this on himself he had my total attention whatever he needed I made sure he had it. I loved this man so very much he was my world and now I am hurting he hurt me a lot. I am going to make him suffer with the power of the pen. I am going to take him for everything he's got. And I want alimony, child support everything and I am going to take my given name back I don't want his last name. Why did he do this I just don't understand. Have you spoke to your sister and brother about this yet? No, I just don't know how to tell Otto because he saw him as a brother not a brother-in-law Otto looked up to him. I am not sure how he will take this. But I will tell him before I come home. What about your sister have you told her anything yet. I don't fill like telling her because she never liked him. And I don't want to hear her say I told you so. I told you that man wasn't shit from the beginning. When we lived there she use to try and tell me things about Espen and I would tell her to stop making up shit and I don't want to hear it you just don't want to see me happy I would say to her. I will tell her when I get home, or you can tell her. Please mother will you tell her, thank you. Ok I can do that for you if that is what you want and after I tell her you know she is going to call you, that's fine. Now where are my granddaughters? Well is on their way to school. Have they saw their dad since this shit happened? No, he is not allowed to come here but he can call them on their cell phones if he want to talk to them. But they refuse to talk to him. Have they called him? I don't know, and I don't care but I don't think so they are very mad at him. He is the one that will have to explain this to them. It is getting close to Thanksgiving Zoe do you think that you and the girls will be here by then? Oh, yell we will be back by September ok. So, I will plan a family Thanksgiving dinner and I expect all of you to be here ok. What do you want me to bring? Just don't bring any alcoholic beverages ok honey. Yes Mother. Ok, Mother, I will talk to you again have a good day, you as well love you and the girl's give my grandbabies a kiss for me ok bye for now.