III - leverage.

"so, the owner turned out to be a naughty, naughty boy," kia commented as nara sat next to her in front of the computer.

her eyes instantly narrowed as she read through the loads and loads of information kia had managed to assemble. she never failed to impress her, and nara couldn't remember to have met someone as talented with technology as this girl was.

"three murder attempts, one manslaughter charge, drug dealing, illegal gambling, bribing, espionage, money laundry... is there any crime this guy didn't commit?" nara shook her head in disbelief, almost as if forgetting that she too was a criminal.

"the most interesting part of all this is that all the charges were dropped and he got away with every single one. which lead me to believe he was in with some dirty people in the justice system for sure," kia pointed at the screen before  typing a few more things on the keyboard, another window popping up. "which was why i did some more digging and found out who he's secretly married to."

nara's eyes widened. "the district attorney?"

"exactly," she nodded, clasping her hands together. "and that's our leverage."

"so you're saying we can threaten to expose him... how are you sure he's not aware this information is out there and that we wouldn't be able to inform on him?" nara questioned, eyeing the list of files kia had compiled.

"because it's not out there," kia simply replied, putting her hands behind her head. "i hacked into some pretty tough shit to get all of that."

"i'm not even surprised anymore," nara chuckled, patting her shoulder. "thanks kia, that was some good work."

the maknae showed her a cute smile. "anything for you boss."

plugging the pendrive into her computer, she quickly transferred all the files into it. she made sure to keep them saved on her computer, as well as make two more copies onto different pen drives.

nara had always been fascinated by kia's work. she had first met her on the street, when the both of them used to live there. she didn't have much, but whatever she could save, she would then spend on computer parts which she carefully used to reconstruct a laptop. if that hadn't been impressive enough, she then proceeded to hack into multiple rich people's accounts, stealing just enough to help her survive.

kia was easily the purest of the four, which was why nara always made sure to keep it that way. she wasn't allowed to be near guns, except for the one she would carry for her own protection, and nara tried her best to keep her at their home so she would be as far from danger as possible. if there was someone she truly loved in that group, it was kia. she truly was like a little sister to her.

when nara first took over control for the drug dealing, she had been hesitant to ask kia to help. but then again, there was no one else she could trust with her skill set. besides, the maknae had been eager to learn, and she was instantly embraced by the other two unnies. and in any case, keeping kia near her made it a lot easier to protect her.

even though she was the one who always kept a smile on her face, kia was also the one with the hardest background. a family who had abandoned her, jumping from foster home to foster home until she couldn't handle it anymore, which ultimately lead to her living in the street. the little she had, she'd share, even the couch on the abandoned house she had once called home.

"here you go," kia spoke as she handed nara the drive. "now he has no way of escaping our grasp."

"what would i do without you?" nara spoke tenderly, placing a kiss on the younger's cheek.

"probably run around, like a lost puppy," kia chuckled and side hugged nara. "but i think i would be a lot more lost without you than the other way around."

"girls, you'll never believe what i got!" inna stormed through the doors, holding up two black and pink glocks in her hands. "this one's for you," she handed nara one of them.

"and what about me?" kia instantly pouted.

inna eyed nara, as if asking for permission. the leader slowly nodded, and so the girl handed the maknae the other one. "be careful with that."

"stop babying me," she huffed, taking the object in her hand. "you do know i will eventually have to use one of these, right?"

"eventually," nara confirmed, standing up and placing a kiss on the younger's forehead. "but as long as we can put that off, we will."

inna gave nara a knowing smile, putting her hand on her waist. "what's the game plan for today then?"

"i need to go talk to pami, find out if she was able to get us in," nara spoke, stuffing her shiny new toy inside the holster, discarding her old, rusty one. "if she did, then i'll figure out a way to make this deal work, and we can go there tomorrow."

inna clapped her hands excitedly. "i hope i get to use the new baby," she tapped her own glock, earning an eye roll from nara.

"you're crazy," she brushed past the girl, chuckling to herself.

truth is, they all were.