IV - catch.

"pami?" nara softly knocked on the door to the eldest's room.

"i've told you, you owe me one, and if you don't make it happen, i'll come for your blood," the girl paced back and forth in her room, her hand holding on to her earpiece. "hold on, i have someone else on another line. this isn't finished!"

nara watched as pami sighed, rubbing her temple as she clicked on the button. "yes? what? that's amazing! no for sure, just give me his number please," the girl then grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, jotting down some numbers. "i'll send you a free sample. thank you!"

looking at nara, exasperated, pami huffed. "these people give me headaches," she sighed, complaining to the younger one. nara simply chuckled, taking a seat on her bed.

pami was the best at what she did, much like the other girls. being the daughter of a deceased drug lord, she had soon been trained to take over the family business. what they didn't expect, was for her to finally turn against her abusive parents and leave to join nara's gang. not long after, she had found out that her parents had been caught in the crossfire when a gang war had started.

nara had been hesitant to take her in at first; back then, she was barely starting her business with inna and having a newcomer simply ask to work with them was odd to say the least. however, the doubts easily dissipated when the girl picked up her phone and within minutes, they already had over ten clients.

she was a public relations of sorts to the group. being the oldest, and as she liked to say, the wisest, she had always been more like a voice of reason to nara. the younger had violent and hot-headed tendencies, and so pami was the only one able to keep her grounded.

after a few minutes, she was finally done with her calls. "i got us in -- or yet, i got you in."

nara scrunched her nose up. "i would ask how you did it, but i'm sure i wouldn't be able to grasp it."

"of course," pami gloated, clasping her hands together. "anyway, we need to be prepared. you won't be able to have back-up inside, so we need to search the area to figure out ways to help you from the outside."

"good thing inna was just telling me about this indetectable wire that she found on the dark web," nara chuckled, putting her hand under her chin in a pensive manner. "how am i going in exactly?"

pami took a seat next to her. "i'll write up a full game plan for you, but basically, you need to ask for chanyeol," she shrugged. "they're having a themed party of sorts tomorrow. costume is mandatory. i'll have to report back how you'll be dressed, and then he'll take care of the rest."

nara sat up straighter. "costumes? i thought this would be a formal deal, not something straight out of a child's movie."

"you see, it's how they keep it low-key," pami explained. "if they're able to identify their partners through costumes, they don't need to know their names and they don't need to know theirs. so if they're ever questioned, they can say they don't know."

"that's clever," nara agreed. "but on the other hand, we do want them to know they're dealing with honey."

"ego aside," pami scoffed. "you can show them your identity, i don't think it'll matter. you just won't see their faces. except for, of course, the owner."

"so you're telling me we're dealing with multiple people here," nara smiled. "this could be even bigger than i antecipated."

pami lifted her finger, pursing her lips for a second. "there is, however, a catch."

nara lifted her eyebrow. "a catch?"

"we're not the only ones who want to make business with them," she sighed. "chanyeol told me he was aware of another gang trying to get in touch with them. he said their leader was--"

"rm," nara finished the sentence for her. "of course, their territory is just over the border. but that's the thing, that's ours, they can't do shit because they'll be getting into war with us."

"that's the thing," pami took out her phone, showing her a street view of the new club. "the club is on this road," she pointed. "which is clearly still our territory. but then, it extends onto the road behind it, which is already within their limits."

"fuck," nara felt like she was about to burst with anger. "so they think they can just snatch it from us? they'll see what i'm gonna do--"

"calm down, nara," pami warned her, scolding her with her eyes. "i know you hate them, but we're good enough to beat them at this game. so let's win it, fair and square."

nara couldn't get the smug smirk on their leader's lips off her head. she knew that he looked down on her, maybe because she was a girl, maybe because he thought his gang was so much better and more influential than hers. but if he thought he would have it easy, he had another thing coming.

"alright," nara stood up. "meeting in twenty downstairs."

walking towards the door, she gave pami one last look. "we're going to make them wish they never defied us in the first place."

and when nara put an idea inside her own head, there was no dissuading her from it.

they would remember the name honey and they'd forever fear it.