XIV - last words.

nara pulled the door to namjoon's black sports car closed. tapping her fingers against her thigh, she waited for him to buckle his seatbelt as she laid back on her seat.

"i'm not starting this car until you put on your seatbelt," namjoon spoke, pointing to her. nara rolled her eyes.

"you do realize we do one of the most dangerous things in the world for a living?" she arched her eyebrows. "why would i bother?"

"because," he titled his head. "because you wouldn't want to die in a car accident and lose your empire."

"and what are the chances of that?" she crossed her arms over her chest, clearly disregarding his concerns.

"what were the chances you'd grow such an empire as is?" he cocked an eyebrow.

he did have a point, and nara knew it. there was no use to arguing with the man, she had realized it ever since she had met him. of course she was stubborn and hard headed as much as he was, but she didn't want to have such huge discussions over nothing at all.

with a sigh, she finally pulled on the seatbelt and fastened it. "happy?"

"very," he smirked before he started the car.

there was a comfortable silence between them. and it wasn't comfortable because they were comfortable with each other, that was still a process in the making. it was comfortable because neither of them felt the need to speak. and that meant, no hard questions were being asked.

nara's eyes wandered to look at namjoon, focusing on the way he gripped the steering wheel. the veins in his hands popped slightly as he turned the car, heading down increasingly darker streets.

"why honey?" he finally spoke after a while.

"i didn't pick it myself," she shrugged, nails scratching the inside of her arm. "it's a nickname someone gave me a while ago."

"special someone?" he sounded curious.

"yes, you could say that," leaning her head against her palm, she gave him a look.

"that always gives it a whole better meaning, does it not?" he chuckled, teeth grasping the inside of his cheek.

"what about rm? just thought of mixing up two random consonants?" nara teased, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"something like that," he chuckled, shaking his head. "i'm just kidding, it was actually given to me as well. well, sort of."

"sort of?" her eyes then fixed on his face.

"they're the initials of two people's names," he confessed, making nara sense he wouldn't want to elaborate on the topic much more. "it was a way of keeping them with me."

"i see," she nodded slowly. "just like me."

"yes," he smiled, the soft dimples on his cheeks making an appearance.

she found herself thinking it was cute, how boyish he looked when he smiled like that. as if his past, present and future weren't tinted with the darkest of colors.

he wondered what was going on in her head. the girl seemed at ease, almost content, but on the other hand she was highly unpredictable. it kept him on his toes and he liked it, but it also almost scared him. he had never had met such a good match to himself, not as good as she was.

within a few more turns, the two had arrived at the open field where the deal would take place.

"i trust your men have already delivered everything?" nara asked as she exited the car.