X - trust.

nara sat down at the table, watching as the seven men took each of the other chairs available. she laced her fingers together, her elbows on the table as she rested her chin on her fingers.

"i'll hear you out," she spoke, eyes lingering on each of the gang members before settling on their leader. "but i can't promise i will accept whatever it is you're offering."

namjoon ran the tip of his index finger over his lips, a smirk lifting the corners of his mouth. "i'm sure you'll agree."

before nara could protest, he lifted his finger up. "jason. i know where he is."

nara felt her heart stop at his words. her hands instantly balled into fists, her knuckles turning white as her nails dug onto her own skin. "how?"

turning his head to the side, he motioned for another one of the guys to speak.

"nam-," the youngest stopped himself before he would reveal their leader's name. "i mean, rm-hyung had me look for him a while ago. we had some business together and he didn't meet his end of the deal."

"where is he?" she could feel her whole body start to shake. her eyes screamed fury, and even namjoon was taken aback by the amount of hatred she had for the man.

"not so fast," namjoon silenced the maknae, folding his hands. "we want equal shares of the deal in return for the location."

nara gritted her teeth. if it was just her, she would give up all the money in the world for the location of that man. but it wasn't just her. she had to look out for her girls, because chances were her revenge wouldn't turn out the best for herself, and they needed to stay protected.

"eighty-twenty," she folded her arms over her chest.

"sixty-fourty," namjoon argued back.

"seventy-thirty," she was about to draw the line on the offer.

"deal," namjoon spoke, way too fast. she only realized they had come to a conclusion when it was too late to step back again.

huffing, she shook her head. "why are you so interested in this, anyway? it's not like you'll be making a lot of money."

"i have my own reasons," he spoke carefully. "just like you have your own reasons with jason."

"and how do i know you're not tricking me?" she narrowed her eyes.

"i'm a man of my word," namjoon smirked once more. "and you'll just have to trust me on that."

trust. a word so foreign to nara, reserved only for the handpicked select few she chose to keep by her side. she couldn't trust him, not like this. she needed reassurance.

"trust is a two way street," she leaned over the table slightly. "how can i trust you when you offer me no proof of keeping your word?"

"remember when i said that as soon as we made the deal, you'd be free?" he waited for her to nod slowly. "well, you're free."

nara looked at him with uncertainty. she eyed each of the other six men, taking in their facial features. she watched, waiting for any of them to draw a gun as she stood up. much to her surprise, they didn't.

"you really are a tough one, aren't you?" namjoon scoffed, standing up and reaching under the table.

nara instantly stiffened, making the man lift up his hands in mock surrender. "relax, i was just grabbing this," he spoke, sliding a bag over the table towards her. "your stuff. and by the way, who has diamond studded guns anyway?"

nara snorted and grabbed the bag, opening it and finding everything of hers inside, including her gun. she was about to reach for it when she felt a hand on top of hers. "don't bother, it's unloaded. i'm generous, but i'm not a fool."

his breath fanned over her face as he spoke, her head instantly lifting up to face him. "that's what we'll see, rm."

they looked at each other, their gaze piercing each other's irisis. there was a moment of silence, yet a billion things were running through both of their heads.

in hers, the multiple ways she could still destroy him. in his, the way her pupils dilated, all of her emotions readable as if he had been doing it his whole life.

a cough was heard, and nara instantly snapped her head in the direction of the sound. "not to interrupt, but someone's gotta take her home," a broad-shouldered man spoke.

"i can do it," namjoon said, but the other shook his head.

"there's things you need to tend to," he motioned with his head. "you know what."

sighing, namjoon nodded shortly. "you're right. v, suga, do you mind?"

"not at all," v instantly stood up, a boxy smile gracing his features. suga, on the other hand, didn't seem too pleased with the task, yet he stood up anyway.

"let's take you home, sweetheart," the younger added.

nara lifted her eyebrow, the quick change of mood between their leader and this guy was more than noticeable. "i'd rather you didn't, i can find my way myself."

"huh, i don't think that's a very good idea--"

glancing at namjoon one last time, she muttered. "i'll have rogue contact you."

"how do i know you'll keep your word?" he raised his eyebrow.

"you'll just have to trust me on that," she mimicked his words from earlier. the man simply chuckled, watching as she walked towards the door, opening it.

he sent a knowing glance to both v and suga, who immediately followed her.

nara didn't bother closing the door behind her, shutting everything out as she walked towards the double gate of the huge house. it was only when she opened it that she realized she had no idea where she was or how to get back to the city.

looking around for any sort of way she could go back, like a bus station, she rolled her eyes, her hand on her forehead as she found out there was none. she kept walking, reaching inside the bag for her phone. which, of course, had died by now.

she wrapped her arms around her body, the shirt namjoon had given her and the basketball shorts she had eventually put on offering her little to no heat. but she was proud, and she wouldn't turn back and ask for help. she'd just keep walking.

that is, until a black van pulled up right next to her.

"wanna give up already, princess?" v spoke, motioning for her to finally accept their lift.

"no, i can do just fine on my own," she shook her head, ignoring them as she kept walking.

"c'mon, the more you refuse to do this, the more time we have to spend bothering you about it," suga spoke. "and i'd like to go back to sleep."

she couldn't help it, letting out a chuckle as she turned her head to look at the two boys. taehyung was currently driving, while yoongi sat on the back seat, his head in between the passenger and driver seat.

"besides, you're not going to find anyone else in miles," v spoke once more. "we're your only hope."

biting her bottom lip, she let out a sigh. he was right, and if she wanted to get back to the girls as quickly as possible, she would have to accept.

"fine," she spoke almost inaudibly. the van suddenly came to a stop, with taehyung reaching out and opening the door for her.

she quickly stepped inside, fastening her seatbelt and crossing her arms over her chest.

"alright princess," the boy chuckled as he started the car once again. "let's get you home."