Chapter 18

A/N Check out my Spotify playlist for this book. It's called Wait

https://open.spotify.com/user/1133374371/playlist/683auGBaBgCE8fHRrB6x5k?si=Zv-bmg0LTWKeIQ0ghMqzXg

——

I sit up groaning and grab my boots from the floor.

"What are you doing," he asks, sitting up, touching my shoulder.

I flinch and shrug him off.

"Why do you do that?" He asks frustrated.

"Do what" I ask standing up.

"Flinch. Every time I touch you."

He stares at me waiting for an answer and I go with denial.

"No I don't."

I grab a jacket from my closet and glance in my mirror. Oh my god my face looks a mess. I grab a makeup wipe and begin removing the black streaks running down my face and the pile of foundation on my cheeks. When everything is wiped off I looked in the mirror behind me to find Ryder just watching me.

"What?"

"So, you gonna tell me where you're going?"

I roll my eyes at him and turn around.

"I've got something to do. Don't follow."

"Um, okay, cryptic."

He stands up and slips his v-neck over his body. What are those bruises from? He doesn't seem like the type to be easily beat up. I peel my eyes away from his sculpted body and grab my phone and door key.

I motion for him to exit the room and I follow after him, locking the door. I turn and make my way through the crowd in the kitchen and exit to the back yard through the sliding glass door. There's a few people out here smoking and I scrunch my nose in disgust.

I turn around and give Ryder a stern look.

"Seriously, why are you following me?"

"What? I'm curious. Besides who knows who's out here."

I shrug and keep walking to the breaker on the side of the house. I pry it open and use my phone flash light to find the right breakers.
"Great," I huff.

They aren't labeled. So, I just start flipping things to off. No one seems bothered inside, so I continue but can't manage to switch the last row off.

Ryder reaches over my shoulder and swiftly switches the last row to off. I take my eyes of his bulging bicep and smile in victory as the music stops and the house goes dark. People start shouting and I hear Avery yell to everyone to hold on.

"Sh*t," I mutter. I look around for somewhere to hide, but it's too late.

Avery walks outside and stops when she sees my by the breaker.

"What the f*ck?" She yells her eyes widening realizing who's standing next to me.

"Oh," she says sweetly. "Hey Ryder, I didn't see you there. Come back inside, I'll have to music and lights back on in just a second."

She shoots me a disgusted look and waits for Ryder to move.

"Actually, I was just coming out here to get the electricity back on, but it seems that the breaker is fried."