Chapter 45

We drove through an old track home community on the outskirts of town. We stopped in front of one of the houses and Darren turned the car off.

"Don't embarrass me," he said roughly before exiting the car.

The pit of fear in my stomach was growing deeper by the minute. Darren yanked me from the car and I stumbled as we walked up the driveway. We waited for someone to answer the door after ringing the doorbell and a minute later the mysterious photographer opened it. He greeted Darren with a head nod and gave me a once over. He looked outside before letting us pass him into the house.

The smell of cigarette smoke burned my nose and made me cough. Darren tightened his grip on my arm and I could feel him digging into my arm muscles. We followed the man deeper into the house and into a dining room area. He picked up a thick envelope from the table and held it out to Darren. He released me, pushing me towards the man and greedily opened the package. He smiled and thanked the man.

"We're good now," he said, "don't contact me again."

Darren turned on his heel and headed back the way we had come.

"Darren!" I shouted tears rolling down my face as the realization hit me. He was selling me.

He didn't stop but kept walking. The man grabbed me by my hair so our faces met. His teeth were yellowed from smoking and he smelt like he'd dropped a whole bottle of cologne on his shirt.

"You call me daddy from now on," he said licking his lips.

I nodded slowly disgusted by his whole being.

He grabbed my chin with his other hand tightly.

"Say it," he grimaced.

"Yes, daddy," I said as loud as I could without crying.

"Good girl," he said releasing his hold on my chin and hair.

"Tucker," he shouted.

A younger looking man stepped into the room and looked me over. He looked familiar but I couldn't place where I'd seen him before.

"Yes boss?" He asked waiting for a command.

"Take her to her room."

"Okay," he said walked over to me.

He grabbed my sore arm and dragged me out of the room. We ascended the dimly lit staircase and passed several closed doors before he opened one and threw me inside. He locked the door from the outside and I spun around to take in my surroundings.

There was a twin size bed against the wall that didn't have any bedding on it and that's it. There was an overhead light with a fan that provided a yellow dingy glow to the room.

I raced to the window in the corner of the room and pulled the blinds up. The window was nailed shut and it wouldn't budge. Oh my god. This cannot be happening. This sh*t only happens in movies. This is not real life. I must be in a nightmare, I'm certain.

I curl up onto the floor, not wanting to sit on the nasty bed and wait. I notice something flashing in the corner of my eye and I look up to see a surveillance camera recording in the corner of the ceiling.

This is worse than Darren. So much worse. My only hope is that maybe Ryder was able to do something, but how would they know where he took me. I didn't see Ryder follow us and I have no way of calling anyone. I let the tears come as I hug my knees to my chest. I wish I could die right here. Right now.

I cry myself to sleep praying that when I woke up I'd be back in my own bed at home.