Chapter 27

I practically ran out of the school in an attempt of avoiding Ryder. Just thinking about what had happened in the hallway had me sweating and nauseous. 

Becca, of course, had us out of the parking lot in no time in her Camaro. She kept the music low and in the background as we made our way to Ash's shop. 

"How come you don't have work?"

"Oh, Ash gave me a few days off since he needs me to work on Halloween. I guess some of the guys are going to be out to be with their kids and he needs me to cover. Halloween is usually pretty shitty since all the freaks come out, so he doesn't usually make me work. But, he really needs my help, so he said he'd give me a few days off."

"What? This whole time at lunch when we were talking about Halloween, you didn't see the need to mention that you won't be hanging out with me?" She turns to give me a pouty face and sighs.

"Sorry. I mean Halloween really isn't my thing. Just a bunch of weirdos out and drinking."

"Are you serious? Halloween is the one day where you can go crazy and there are loads of scary movies on tv. Plus, there is usually at least one good party to attend."

I give her an unamused look and watch the traffic moving in front of us.

"Well, this isn't the end of this discussion. I've got three days to convince you to go out to one party with me. Please, please tell me you at least like scary movies."

"Um," I say not wanting to disappoint her. "No, actually I really don't."

"Ugh, why? I'll be there, you can hold onto my hand when you get scared. I'll provide all the snacks."

I sigh and don't respond. 

"Okay, well what about one party?"

"I don't know Becca. The last party didn't exactly end very well."

"That was totally different. I'll make sure to stay by your side the whole night. Please," she said whining.

"Fine," I huff. 

"Yes! I promise you won't regret it. Now we've just got to figure out what we are going to wear." 

I give her a pained look and she says not to worry.

"I'll take care of the costumes. You just have to be there."

"Okay," I say as we pull up to the shop. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Beck."

"Bye Lys!" She says smiling, happy that I agreed to go to a party.

She pulls out of the lot and I enter through the garage looking for Mikey. 

"Hey," I say tapping Mikey on the shoulder as he leans over a car's engine.

"Hey hun," he says wiping his hands on his shirt.

"So," I say getting excited,"I hear you've got a car for me?"

He chuckles and motions for me to follow him to the office. He enters and grabs a set of keys from inside the top desk drawer. 

"Well, it's nothing as fancy as a Subaru, but she'll do. I've tricked her out a bit, so be careful, lead foot."

"Thank you!" I say bouncing up and down.

He tosses me the keys and I notice the Honda emblem engraved on the key.

"It's out back. I've gotta get back to work hunny. I'll see you later. If she gives you any problems just give me a ring, okay?"