Chapter 41

Hi there before we begin I have a few things:

Firstly there is a trigger warning on this. This chapter deals with suicide, death, and drug and alcohol abuse. If you that these things are a sensitive matter for you please SKIP THIS CHAPTER. I don't want anyone reporting me because this chapter stirred up some unwanted emotions. You won't be missing much and every other chapter that deals with these topics will also be restricted to followers only and come with a trigger warning.

Secondly, if you are dealing with anything of these issues here are some numbers to call to get help

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): 1-800-662-435

National Hopeline Network: 1-800-784-2433

National Youth Crisis Hotline: 1-800-448-4663

Last but not least, this is a story. This is all fictional. Please don't come at me asking "Why didn't she do this?" "Why did he do that?" "That's unrealistic." Although this is realistic fiction not everything in the book is going to 100% reality. Also, I have never gone through a situation like this so I'm writing this based on what the characters would do in this situation. If my depiction of this scene offends anyone please feel free to message me and we can discuss it. (We all know that Scarlett makes shitty decisions so don't be too shocked by her.)

Thank you so much for staying onboard this long and without further introduction, I present to you...Chapter 41

*TRIGGER WARNING*

Scarlett

I don't know why I'm nervous to go on a date with my boyfriend. You would think that after so many not date dates between us I'd be used to the idea, but nope. I'm literally shaking in my heels. The tapping of my fingers on the steering wheel is almost louder than the smooth jazz playing in the background.

I'm nervous because this is our real first date. Instead of "Hey do you want to hang out on Saturday?" it's "Let's go a date this Saturday." Instead of cheap fast food, Lucas made reservations at a swanky restaurant downtown, that one google search showed that reservations need to be made months in advance, because of how popular it is. Somehow my amazing boyfriend was able to secure a spot in just 3 days. I have an inkling that it has something to do with the last name and the fact that money talks. My google search further showed that the restaurant has an extensive vegetarian and vegan menu, so I know that Lucas' hand-picked this place especially for me.

I even put some real effort in my outfit tonight. Instead of just wearing jeans and a nice top, I went out and bought a new dress specifically for tonight just like I told him I would. The white dress I picked out is form fitting stopping right above my knees and shows off just enough cleavage to add an element of sexiness. I added some heels to give me some much-needed height because it can get difficult trying to kiss my boyfriend when he's a whole foot above me. I actually spent more than 5 minutes on my hair and did some loose waves. I mixed it up tonight and wore a dark brown lipstick instead of my signature dark red. All in all, I think I look pretty good for a girl who doesn't usually try.

I glance over at the clock and see that it's 7:30. I have more than enough time to get to the restaurant on time. This date is exactly what we need to get our relationship back on track since my negligence is the reason why we're in this situation. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best when it comes to making decisions. I try my best to make sure that no one gets hurt but in the end usually, everyone gets hurt. This time I tried my best to make sure that didn't happen but it turns out while I was trying to heal Asher I was hurting Lucas. This relationship with Lucas is new and I don't want to ruin it. He makes me feel normal. He makes me feel as though my past no longer has a hold on me and I need that. I just want to feel whole again.