Chapter 48

Lucas

17 days.

That's how long Scarlett's been in rehab. After Angel dragged Scarlett from my house kicking and screaming on New Year 's, he called her parents who immediately got her checked her into a rehab facility in Connecticut. I haven't seen her since, but we've been texting every night since she got her phone privileges back. (Apparently there was an incident the second night that involved her phone, and one of the nurse's head.) I've offered to come down to the facility and see her, but she always makes up excuses as to why that day is not a good day. Today I decided just to show up unannounced and see her.

I miss my baby.

"I'm here to see Scarlett Carmichael," I tell the receptionist. She eyes the dozen red roses in my hand and then slowly scans her eyes up down my body. I resist the urge to shudder.

"Oooh, you're really cute honey." She tells me. She flicks her unkempt brown hair over her shoulder and pushes up two gigantic breasts towards me. She licks her lips, and my dick goes into hiding. I'm tempted just to say fuck it and leave because this cougar looks like she's about to pounce.

"I'm here to see Scarlett Carmichael, my girlfriend," I emphasize the word girlfriend and her face visibility falls.

"All the cute ones are taken." She mumbles while clicking on the screen in front of her. "There's no Scarlett Carmichael here." Her tone is tight and clipped.

What the fuck? She's not here? I know for a fact that she's in this rehab center. Yates told me where she was staying, and he just saw her the other day. She's here for 28 days, and I don't think she can just check herself out.

"Did she check out?"

"There was never a Scarlet Carmichael checked in here. Are you lying about having a girlfriend?" She looks up from her screen with a Cheshire grin.

Where the fuck is Scarlett at? "Are there any Scarlett's here?"

"There's a Scarlett Chambers here but no Scarlett Carmichael here."

Scarlett Chambers?

"When did Scarlett Chambers check in?"
"That's confidential information." She starts. "But maybe if you give me your number I can make an exception, sexy." I'm going to actually be sick.

"Okay sure." I quickly scribble down Alex's number on a slip of paper and pass it to her.

She winks at me and slides it in her bra. "She checked in on January 1."

Same day as my Scarlett. This has to be her.

"Can I see her?"

"She's in room 63. Follow the signs. I'll be calling you later baby." Yeah right. I hope Alex enjoys his new friend.

When I get to Scarlett Chamber's room, my Scarlett is sitting on the bed, too engrossed in a book to notice me. I stand in the doorway and take in her appearance. Scarlett's drowning in oversized sweats and a hoodie. I think she might have lost weight. I notice it that night she came back, but I never had the chance to bring it up with everything going on. When she gets out of here, I need to fatten her up, so she doesn't lose that ass of hers.

"If you're here to break up with me you could have sent it in a text," Scarlett mumbles, never looking up from her book.

"Why would I ever break up you, I told you when we got together that you have all the power to end this. Only you." I stand at the end of the bed.

"I would break up with me." She states still looking at that damn book.

"Good thing I'm not you then. Here these are for you. Red roses for my Scarlett Rose." This gets her to finally look up from the book.