nineteen

thursday
-
4:38 am

Harry: i'm so nervous...
sorry if i woke you up

Draco: it's fine i was up anyway.
don't be nervous i'm sure you'll be great.
just look at it as a new experience

Harry: i'm trying but it's hard

Draco: i know. text me whenever
you need to and i'll try to
reply as soon as i can

Harry: ok thank you
let me know if i start getting annoying with it

Draco: you won't

Harry: ok
but still

Draco: stop worrying so much

Harry: that's hard to do

Draco: just try

Harry: lmao ok

Draco: i'll text you soon i'm
going to go back to bed for
a little while

Harry: alright :(

opened 4:44 am

-

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Draco heard his mother call out as he walked past the dining room.

He turned and retraced his steps to the doorway, leaning against it and meeting his mother's eyes. "Of course I'm sure."

Narcissa gave a curt nod and glanced at Lucius who had his eyes trained on his laptop, taking a bite of some sausage simultaneously.

"Does this boy even know you're the one who helped arrange all this?" He inquired without looking up from the screen.

"No," Draco cleared his throat, "I was planning on telling him later." Lucius halfheartedly hummed in response. Saying a quick goodbye, he left for his study.

"You know he means well," Narcissa looked at her son after her husband had left the room. Draco scoffed, "Thanks mum, but you don't have to lie to me. He's spent the past eighteen years not meaning well."

"Draco Lucius, where is this coming from? I am not lying to you." She shook her head, blonde and black curls finding their way out of place as she did so. "As long as you've both spent worrying more about money than your own son's upbringing, it sure as hell seems like you're lying." Draco's voice was raising with every word—as was Narcissa's temper.

"You don't mean that," his mother exclaimed, standing up from her seat at the table. "We've spent your entire life making sure you're nothing but well off in the real world."

That one sentence set him off.

"That's my entire point, mother. You're only worried about how well off I am! You weren't worried about giving me a normal childhood. You weren't worried about letting me live a life normal teenagers live. You've both only just been worried about our reputation, and it's sickening. Please, for the love of everything good and decent, sort out your damn priorities!" He was screaming at this point, his mother near tears.

She had no words. Was this how he honestly felt? "Draco, I–I'm so sorry. Just... have a safe trip, yeah? We'll all discuss this together when you get back."

The boy couldn't do anything but sigh. As he made his way to the front door, he could hear his father run back into the kitchen. He listened to him question what had happened as his wife burst into tears.

Draco couldn't focus on it. That could wait. He had something else to tend to.