fifty seven

WARNING: do i even have to say it at this point

Even after waiting an hour, the two ibuprofen Harry took did little to ease the maelstrom of stabbing pain behind his eyes.

He could do nothing but sit with his eyes closed and curse himself for getting so drunk.

Eventually, he heard stirring from the other end of the couch and cracked an eye open. Bella sat up and stretched, a grimace etched across her elegant face.

"Your head hurting, too?" Harry ground out.

She nodded with a look that dared him to ask that again, and took a moment to reorient herself before locking eyes with something across the room.

Upon closer examination, Harry noticed she was eyeing a blunt.

"Again?" Harry asked incredulously, put off by how the whole situation left him feeling.

Bella waved a hand in dismissal as she stood up and retrieved it. She produced a hair tie from her wrist and tied back her knotted curls along the way over. "Helps with the pain,"

"I took ibuprofen and hour ago and it-"

"Ah, ibuprofen's shit."

Harry squinted a bit, trying to understand her logic.

Noticing his confusion, she smirked painfully. "Trust me." She lit it and held it out to him.

He stared her down for a few seconds and decided that she was insane, before cautiously giving in.

"Your first time crossfaded?" Bella asked playfully with an eyebrow raise. She took the blunt back from him gratefully.

Harry nodded slowly, trying his best not to start coughing.

She took a long inhale, and Harry made a sound of disapproval when it looked like she had no plan to stop any time soon. He was either out of his mind, or it was actually helping the pain go away.

Bella did stop, though, and she handed it back over to him.

This went on until the first blunt was gone and Ginny woke up feeling no different than her two friends had.

To make a long story short, Harry and Ginny ended up in the back of their Uber as high as a kite.

He noticed the driver giving them questioning looks in the mirror, whether it be because of the stench of marijuana or their giggles, Harry didn't know.

They weren't laughing for long, though, because upon their arrival at the hotel, they were met with cameras.

Harry sobered up a small bit and composed himself.

The cameras couldn't be there for them, could they?

Ginny looked just as surprised as he felt, and they opened their car doors at the same time.

"Mr. Potter! Rita Skeeter, Los Angeles Magazine. Can I have a word with you?" A woman in an appalling pantsuit rushed up to him before he could even take a step out of the vehicle.

He only blinked at her, feeling as though his mind was lagging far behind. "Of course," he breathed out finally.

"How do you feel about what's happening?"

Harry's dumbfounded expression didn't go unnoticed, so she continued speaking before he even opened his mouth to ask.

"Regulus Studios is being bought out by a competitor, haven't you heard?" Her voice was high pitched and sickly sweet; the look of shock on her face carefully painted on—likely from years of practice.

"You've got to be mistaken," he glanced back at Ginny, who looked like she was mentally in orbit around Jupiter.

He could only stand there and gape at her. Harry didn't think he would be able to understand what was going on, even if he wasn't so inebriated.

The small group of people holding cameras dispersed as they were pushed to the side, and he noticed this just in time for Cedric to pop out and boom, "That's enough!"