thirty four

(i'll start putting the date so it's less confusing, this is the next day :) )

January 17th

Harry pulled up outside his friend's new flat and waited for him to text back which one was his.

He'd been so busy with modeling and his occasional Draco visits that he hadn't seen his childhood best friend in almost two months! Since that time, he had finally managed to move out of his parents' house, and today Harry would finally see his new place.

ron:
floor 3, room 305

And with those numbers in mind, Harry braced the cold and hurriedly ran into the complex.

It was a nice place, not too far of a drive from Harry's own house. Quaint and clean, a perfect place for his rowdy friend to settle down.

As awkward as Ron was (and still is!), he had been known to throw and attend the most wild parties back in high school. A couple run-ins with the law, a few confrontations from Harry, and several stern scoldings from his frightening mother later, he was ready to tone it down.

He pulled off his coat and knocked on the door of 305. After only a few seconds, he was greeted by Ron's freckly face and cheerful grin.

"Harry!" He pulled his short friend in for a hug.

Harry's "Ron!" was muffled as his face was stuffed into a strong chest.

"Come on in, don't mind the mess. Been slacking a bit on unpacking. You want anything to drink?"

Ron gestured to a shelf of alcohol as they walked by.

"Water's fine. I've got to drive home, y'know?"

"Fair enough," Ron grabbed himself a beer from the fridge before pouring a glass of water for his friend.

Harry was led into a spacious and inviting living room. There were a few boxes taking up an empty space here and there, but other than that, everything was neat.

"I'm impressed, Ronald, you've actually managed to keep the place clean!"

This earned him a whack on the shoulder. They bantered for a few more moments before finally having a seat.

"So, mate, you wanna fill me in on everything that's been going on?" he kicked his feet up onto the spotless coffee table and looked at Harry expectantly.

"Of course, wow–I don't even know where to start!"

"Try the beginning,"

He huffed out a laugh, "Good idea. I was walking through the park one day and I had to shit—"

"I've heard this bit: you found the guy's Snapchat in the bathroom?"

"To make a long story simple, yeah. Anyway, I pestered him and pestered him for his friendship until one day he showed up at my first Gucci shoot."

Ron blinked. Twice. Three times.

"He did what at your what? Gucci? Blimey, Harry, how the hell did that happen?"

Harry hit his fist on the couch and matched his bewilderment. "I know! One minute I was struggling to get any modeling gig I could find, and the next I had phone calls and emails just pouring in."

The two of them paused to take a drink. Silence filled the room as Ron studied his face. "Did he have anything to do with it? The Snapchat one, I mean."

"Draco? No, not that I know of. I mean . . ." He drifted off, about to get distracted before Ron interrupted him.

"So are you two friends now, then?"

Harry's cheeks reddened and be smiled over at him in response. "Er, we're dating actually."

"Dating?"

Brunette locks fell all out of place as he nodded shyly.

"Don't take this the wrong way but, haven't you only known the guy for a couple months?" Ron inquired gently.

"I didn't expect it either, Draco just kind of . . . asked me out. But things are going nice and slow, and we're being careful." Ron just listened and waited as Harry gazed down into his glass of water.

"I fell for him hard, Ron." He laughed lightly. "I didn't even mean to. Bit of an unexpected way to meet your boyfriend, yeah?"

"Just a bit," Ron laughed with him, "but if you're happy, I have no problem with him."

They laughed and caught up for hours, until the moon was high in the sky and they finally said their goodbyes.

On his drive home, Harry let his mind wander back to the subject that had been neglected earlier. Could Draco have possibly organized those shoots for him? The man worked in mysterious ways, and thinking deeply about it, it wouldn't surprise Harry if he had.

Deciding to push it out of his head for another time, he turned up the radio. A catchy and familiar song played from the speakers. Pulling off at his exit, he loudly hummed along to every note.

"I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings
Be your Valentino just for you . . ."

hi i made a book of random stuff so i don't have to keep putting author's
notes!! it's the one called "extra things + behind the scenes" and it'll just be me talking about life, and posting behind the scenes things about this book, among whatever else comes to mind. idk but u can come on over if u want to JDJS we can talk and have a good old time