twenty nine

Harry's bedroom was quiet as he stood in his robe, fumbling with the remote to his speakers.

Draco lay sprawled out on his bed, worn out from a long, although amazing, evening.

Harry seemed to have finally found the right button; he let out an "Ah!" before the soft beat of a Queen song filled the room. He turned the volume down a few notches before getting into bed as well.

"I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings
Be your Valentino just for you . . ."

"Thank you," Draco said quietly and suddenly.

"For what? You're welcome over here anytime–"

"For letting me into your life and remaining persistent on being my friend even though I was an ass."

"Ooh love, ooh loverboy,
What're you doin' tonight? Hey boy,
Set my alarm, turn on my charm
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy . . ."

Harry's green eyes widened at the sudden confession, then crinkled as he smiled down at him.

This moody, grumpy, downright edgy Malfoy he had come to know as a close friend, lay before him looking his most vulnerable and beautiful that he had ever seen.

The iciness of his eyes synced with the frosty tint of his natural blond hair perfectly; it was the most wonderful thing Harry had ever witnessed. The way Draco had opened up so quickly to him despite his previous stubbornness mesmerized him, and to whatever reason urged him to do it, he was forever grateful.

"You don't ever have to thank me for that, believe me." Harry told him, heart beating out of his chest.

The coldness of his blue gaze seemed to melt from the heat of his heart as it formed a grin on his face.

He opened his arms to Harry, who happily obliged. He daringly laid right down on top of Draco, resting his head on his chest.

The nervous boy felt arms wrap around him and hold him closer to the steady beat of Draco's heart.

"Everything's all right,
Just hold on tight,
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy."

They stayed there in the peace and contentment of each other's embrace for nearly an hour before Harry decided that he needed a photo of the two together.

He opened snapchat and positioned the camera—Draco smiling softly with his sleepy eyes, and Harry doing the same—before taking the photo.

"Send that to me," Draco said, picking up his own phone.

Harry sent it and within seconds, he received a notification.

Draco took a screenshot!

-

i'm finally getting inspiration to write again and it feels so nice :') i'll update again soon! thank you all for the love <3

(also please vote if you like what i'm doing, it would help me out a lot :))