thirty seven

Later that night, the boys were cuddled up in bed watching a playlist of the weirdest and most obscure YouTube videos they had ever seen.

The lack of sleep was catching up to them very quickly, their sanity leaving them more and more with each video.

Another video began playing and Harry let out a painful sounding wheeze at what appeared on the screen. "That's the most disturbing thing I've ever seen," Draco could do nothing but stare at the TV in horror as Harry continued to laugh below him.

Suddenly, the door was thrown open, causing Harry to scream and Draco to nearly jump out of his skin.

After coming back to their senses, they were met with a very smug Sirius.

"Damn it, Padfoot!" Harry's heart continued to pound, "You're here early. I thought you were coming tomorrow? It's twelve in the morning."

"I'm sorry for scaring you, boys," Sirius responded, although the look on his face still said otherwise. "Moony and I decided there was no harm in coming a bit early." Sirius noticed the sound coming from the TV and looked over. "What the hell is that?"

He gestured to the robot woman singing in the video.

"I don't know," the two said in unison.

Harry's godfather cocked an eyebrow at them before mumbling something that sounded like "what the hell are kids into these days . . . ?"

He walked out the door, but before he was out of sight, Sirius turned and whistled to get Draco's attention.

He tossed him something, but before Harry had time to register what it was, he was out the door and the object had been quickly stuffed into a bashful, wide-eyed Draco's pocket.

Harry didn't have time to question anything because Draco pulled him back down into the position they were in before; his arms wrapped safely around Harry and his chin resting on his head. The Malfoy charm didn't fail him as he smoothly changed the subject.

"I've been meaning to ask, why are they called Padfoot and Moony?"

Harry let out a breathy laugh. "It's an inside joke between my dad and them. They've been friends since high school, and those are just their nicknames they gave each other. Padfoot, Moony, and Prongs. There was a guy called Wormtail at one point I think, but I'm not sure what happened to him."

Draco pondered this, then snorted. "With a name like Wormtail I'd want to disappear too."

Harry began howling with laughter once again, and that's how their night was spent until sleep finally caught up with them.

okay okay personalities and pasts will be the next few chapters i just had this idea suddenly lmao :')) sorry it's kind of short

ALSO I SNATCHED THE USERNAME MALIGNMALFOY ON INSTAGRAM! follow me if u want and i'll follow back, it's much easier for me to connect and talk to y'all on there :)

(the video they were watching is 'i feel fantastic' DJSJDK)