twenty eight

"Sirius, bring the damn pumpkin juice back" was the last thing Harry and Draco heard upon arrival before a loud crash came from the kitchen.

The pair rushed in to see a man who was the spitting image of Harry, only older, sat on the floor rubbing his head. A cackling man with long curly hair—Sirius, Draco assumed—leaned against the counter in order to keep his balance.

A kind looking red-haired woman stood beside a very tall man as she covered her mouth to keep from laughing.

The man was the first to notice the two, and he came over to greet them.

"Remus!" Harry exclaimed, going in for a hug. His short physique was completely enveloped as he hugged Tall Man–er, Remus, Draco reminded himself.

After Remus broke the hug, he stepped back to look at Draco.

"You must be Harry's friend," he said warmly. A kind smile that fully reached his eyes couldn't help but transfer to the usually-grumpy blond's face as well.

"Yes sir, I'm Draco Malfoy," he held out his hand.

"Lupin. Harry may have mentioned me, I'm married to his godfather." He shook it before leading the boys over to the rest of the group.

Everyone exchanged their greetings, introductions, and caught up. Before they knew it, they were sitting around the dinner table digging into a huge meal prepared by Lily.

All of the food tasted delicious, and the room remained quiet for a bit as everyone was too hungry to speak.

Eventually, though, James targeted Draco.

"We're glad you could make it, Draco, and you're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like."

All of this genuine hospitality had long since taken Draco aback; it was such a contrast from his own home.

"Thank you very much, Mr. Potter, I really appreciate all of this,"

"Of course, my boy, and call me James. No need to be so formal around here." He responded with a wink.

"Yes," Sirius spoke up, a glint of mischief in his eye, "We've heard lots about you."

Draco heard a faint 'No, Sirius, oh my lord–' come from the blushing boy beside him, and he became very intrigued.

"Oh? Like what?" He reflected the same twinkle in his eye back to him.

Sirius, deciding to go easy on his increasingly reddening godson, took a moment and raked his mind for something. He tried to find something Harry said that would be less . . . obvious of his true feelings.

"He would always talk about how mysterious you are, and how much he'd love to meet you, and Draco this, Draco that. . ."

Unbeknownst to himself, Draco's face had lit up with the biggest toothy grin as his gazed switched between Sirius and Harry's hidden face.

Sirius finally came to a stop and saved Harry from any more embarrassment. Everyone except the two boys at the table exchanged knowing glances, unnoticed by Draco to Harry's relief.

Remus, steering the conversation to a way less humiliating topic on Harry's part, asked "Tell us all about the shoot yesterday. How did it go?"

Harry gladly obliged and they spent the rest of the night talking, playing board games, and just being together.

As new and strange as it was to him, Draco had never felt more at home.