fifty one

February 19th

Lucius pulled his coat tighter around him and knocked on the door twice more, sighing out of impatience.

He was about to turn and go back to his car when the door finally swung open. A half-asleep, yet very fearful Cedric Diggory squinted out at him into the early morning sunlight.

"Mr. Malfoy?"

"I need to speak with you."

"Um, sure, can you give me a minute?" He yawned.

"No, I don't have much time. I think right here and now will be just fine." Lucius's cold gaze didn't falter.

"Yes, sir. What can I do for you?" Diggory asked as he stepped out of his house completely, gripping onto his robe in an attempt to stop the nervous tremors that ran through his hands.

Lucius gave him a sardonic smile and began speaking a bit too calmly. "You know, I found out something that just didn't sit too right with me," A muscle twitched in his jaw. "Coupled with some rather stressful family business that went on as of late, I've been on edge and quite frankly, furious since. Do you happen to know what I'm talking about, Mr. Diggory?"

Cedric looked off to the side feigning concentration, before shrugging and looking back up at him. "I can't say that I do, sir."

Lucius's eyes narrowed dangerously, and a vein began to pop out on his forehead.

"Ah, of course.Well, please remember this." He took a step closer as Diggory took one back. "If I ever hear of—or see you—trying to seduce my wife ever again, you will never hear the end of it. Are we clear?"

Cedric swallowed thickly as he shook more visibly, his eyes flitting away out of pure fear. He had a fleeting feeling that his threat ran deeper than that.

"I said, are we clear, Diggory?" Lucius raised his voice dangerously.

He nodded very fast in reply, barely managing a "Yes, sir. I've got it."

Lucius grinned another satiric grin before clapping him on the shoulder and striding back to his car.

As he drove away, he couldn't help but let out a harsh laugh as he watched Cedric still stood in the same spot, with the same terrified look on his face.

If only he knew what was coming.

It was nearing noon before Harry woke to the sun's rays dancing across his face. He sat up slowly and stretched.

Looking over beside him, he let out a bashful laugh as he remembered the events of the previous night.

Draco was on his stomach sleeping very soundly, his face towards Harry.

He reached down and traced circles on his bare back. As reluctant as he was to admit it, it was a satisfying sight to Harry. Draco's hair was everywhere: a nice change from his usual well-groomed look, and he couldn't help the smug expression that surfaced. Half of it stuck up wildly—definitely not from where it had been pulled at and nearly yanked out—and half of it covered his eyes.

Draco woke up soon after, blinking slowly and trying his best to adjust to the light streaming in.

"Good morning, beautiful." Was the first thing out of his mouth.

Harry's hand shot up to hide his blush as he mumbled a tiny "'Morning," in reply.

Draco's laugh was loud and unrestrained, his squinting eyes full of mirth. "How can you be so shy, but at the same time do all of . . . that?" He questioned in bewilderment, apparently too shy to go into last night's details himself.

He spluttered in reply, causing Draco to uncharacteristically cackle even louder. "It's okay, I loved it," he reached up and swiped at an eyelash that had found its way onto Harry's cheek, "A lot."

Harry relaxed, relieved that he had seemingly done things right.

He was still too sheepish to ask any more questions, though.

"That was a nice three hours," he said barely audibly, to which Draco hummed in agreement. "I've never gone for five rounds before." Harry made a loud sound that was somewhere between a laugh and pure shock before hiding his face in his knees.

The messy-haired blond rolled his eyes lovingly and sat up, scooting over beside him.

Harry pulled away from his knees, and Draco could see the gears shifting in his brain before he even spoke. He thought it was lovely that he could notice how deeply Harry was thinking before he even said anything.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about something, and I suppose now would be as good a time as any." He paused, looking over at him finally, "I talked to my parents, Sirius, and Remus about it.What you said last night made me feel better, so now I feel . . . brave enough to say it."

"What's on your mind?"

He rubbed at his temples before replying, "Cedric wants me to go international."

Draco raised his eyebrows out of surprise and waited for him to elaborate.

"I'd be gone for a few weeks. To, I don't know, America, maybe somewhere else—doing more shoots and getting more modeling opportunities. I can't really bring anyone with me."

Draco made a soft 'hmm' sound and eventually nodded. "Do you want to do this? It isn't something that you feel obligated to do, is it?"

"N-no, it isn't. I don't have to go, though, if you don't want me to of course."

"Potter." Draco drawled affectionately.

"Hm?"

"I asked because I don't want you to feel forced to go. I'm very happy for you, and I'm not about to keep you from going."

He planted a kiss on his temple, "I want you to succeed," another kiss to his cheek, "And do whatever your heart wants," one to his nose, "I'm going to be here for you and support you the whole way. I can't find many more ways to say that, you know." He finished warmly, and it was accentuated with a final kiss on the lips.

Harry visibly relaxed and slackened against him, a peaceful look on his face. He exhaled. "Thank you so much."

"You have nothing to thank me for, Harry."

He was about to disagree when a knock at the door caused them to panic. Harry dived back under the covers as Draco frantically searched the floor for his shirt. He threw it on inside out and took his place under the covers as well, before Harry called out, "Come in!"

Draco looked impassive once again, and Harry pretended to be busy by scrolling back and forth on his home page as his father opened the door.

He took one look at the red and bedraggled boys in bed and shook his head amusedly.

". . . Your mum made waffles." Was the only thing he could say before walking back out.

Five minutes of frantically grooming their hair and several hisses of pain from Draco later, they found themselves at the table with Lily and James. They were each sat in front of a plate stacked high with delicious smelling chocolate chip waffles.

It wasn't uncomfortable like Harry was afraid it would be: the conversation was light, and James didn't make any sassy comments much to everyone's relief.

They were nearly finished with their breakfast before Harry sent a questioning glance to Draco.

He nodded, and Harry cleared his throat to get his parents' attention.

"Is it alright if Draco stays with us?"