un

Jennie's pov

"Walking through the runway was a pure bliss, but once you fail to balance yourself and fall, it's a curse." and bullshit. Jisoo looked at me ridiculously, as if I was a clown or the entire circus, either of the two.

"You make it sound like you lost half of your life when you tripped on the fashion show yesterday." The weak lights inside the bar weren't enough to hide the scoff plastered in her face. I just rolled my eyes before taking a sip of my wine.

"When's the great first day of work as a CEO?" I decided to change the topic and forget about all the bad shit she has been through the whole week only to pass it to the older.

I had to stifle my laughter while drinking when she started to choke on her drink. "I can tell that it will become a curse for you," I said with a small laugh before taking a look around me for a while.

"Shut up." Jisoo wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. I can tell that she's getting too drunk from drinking half the bottle we ordered just a few minutes ago. "I'll start the official work two days from now, basically, on a Monday. I couldn't help but think how I ended up being a CEO when I studied acting when I was in college."

"That's life and you can't do anything about it."

"Can you please stop with those remarks?" Jennie laughed, seeing that her older friend was getting pissed off from her words; it feels like her whole week was worth it.

The bar is starting to get packed by drunken people like the one seating beside me and the only thing that's keeping me from having a personal space was the empty stool on the other side of me.

Jisoo eventually started to fall asleep on the counter with the empty glass in her hand. It seems like I have to carry her along to her car and drive her to her house in the middle of the night.

That's more like a routine.

"Jisoo, I don't want to hear your brother nagging at you tonight," I said right to her ear because I certainly know that she will not hear it if I didn't do it the way I did it.

"I don't... want it... either..." Her slurred words almost became a whisper but since I am still near her face, I understood what she meant.

This isn't the night I was expecting when I called her right after my work to drink.

I finished my drink and paid for our drinks to carry Jisoo towards her car. I took the wine glass away from her hands; afraid that I would have to pay for an additional cost if I didn't. I was about to lift her arms to hang them around my shoulder to carry her when I nearly stumbled because of my high heels.

Thankfully, someone managed to keep me in balance. I don't know her, but she seems to know me judging from the way she's looking at me while helping me to carry Jisoo.

When she realized that I was looking at her, she whipped her head away from my sight and took all the strength to carry Jisoo that I didn't even know if I am still kind of a help to her.

The bar's parking lot was quite wide and I guess it'll take me an hour if nobody helped me carry my friend towards her car. How should I say thank you to her?

"What can I do to thank you for helping me carry this dumb bitch to her car?" We reached the car by the time the girl laughed from what I said, maybe.

"You don't need to thank me. I know this 'dumb bitch you're pertaining to and I'm glad that I helped you carry her. Her drinking habits didn't change since the last time we saw each other judging from her state right now." The girl had a chuckle under her breath while saying all of those words to me.

It seems like she knows who Jisoo is.

"That's how she is." I chuckled and looked at the wasted Jisoo beside me. The girl helped me to open the car and place her on the passenger's side

"May I know what your relationship with her is?" The curiosity didn't leave my mind and it even went worse when the girl laughed for the second time.

"Jisoo was my childhood friend and we never had the chance to contact each other when I went back to Thailand to my mom and she decided to go here to Seoul to study acting." Oh, that explains almost everything I'm curious about.

"And I know you because my sister is a fan of yours. I can see your face on all the magazines that she has." The surge of embarrassment flowed throughout my body and I can't help but lower my head and avoid looking at her for a while. The alcohol must've acted later than usual.

"Are you sure I don't have to do something to thank you for helping me?" The girl rolled her eyes and drifted her eyes from me towards Jisoo for a brief moment before letting out a sigh.

"No, you don't have to. But can I ask you a favor?" My eyebrows automatically raised at the sudden question. A favor wouldn't be that hard, isn't it? "What is it?"

"May I have Jisoo's number?"

"What for?"

"To contact her?" That was an obvious question, Jennie. What are you even thinking?

"Oh, I have Jisoo's phone with me right now. Should I save your number as well?" I asked while rummaging around my handbag.

Jisoo would always tell me right before we drink that I should have her phone in case she can't manage to even stand because she's out of her mind or to simply put it; she's drunk as hell.

"That I think was a great idea." The fact that I know Jisoo's number more than mine wasn't a great idea though. She dictated her number as I typed it on Jisoo's phone to save it. A CEO didn't even manage to get her phone a password or any kind of security measures.

"What name should I use to save this?" I asked looking up at her. She was fishing her phone from her pockets and when she did, Jisoo started mumbling incoherent words from the inside of the car; startling the both of us.

"Lisa."

--

- What do you think about this new version of 'I Was Born To Be Loved By Her'?

twt: @soorachaa

/votes will be greatly appreciated/