dix-sept

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Taehyung raised his voice whilst letting go of the older when they're far enough from the beach house. The older fell down on his knees, desperately trying to brush away his tears.

This isn't the first time Taehyung had seen this side of his brother.

"Taehyung, I know it wasn't you! It wasn't you that should be blamed for our loss!" Namjoon screamed but it wasn't loud enough to reach the beach house. Taehyung cautiously looked back at the house before kneeling in front of his brother. He attempted to bring his brother to stand up but Namjoon squirmed away from his grasp.

"Why do you keep on taking the blame? Mother had done the same thing and looked at what happened!"

Taehyung was on his way to their home coming from his school. Their neighbours were quiet as usual and the only thing he heard was a gunshot.

A gunshot?

Realizing the sound, he quickly ran towards their house, opening the gate as fast as he could and when he reached the main door, he saw it.

He saw their father bleeding on the floor with a gunshot on his heart, his mother was in total shock and he knew she was afraid of what would happen if ever Jennie sees the truth, and so their mother took the gun; covering it with her fingerprints instead of the real killer.

Frustrated, he walked towards the scene and stole the gun for it to make it like it was his fault that their father was killed because of him. Just in time after having the gun on his grasp, Jennie walked out of her room and when she reached the living room downstairs, Taehyung saw how shocked his younger sister was seeing the scene in front of her.

At that time, it was the only way to make Jennie believe that he was the one who killed their father.

Taehyung was breathing heavily as he slumped down on the floor with both his mother and Namjoon beside him. Namjoon spaced out from the shock and eventually fainted. Their mother went to his elder brother while Jennie fell down on her knees with her hand covering her mouth in shock.

"Why did you do that?" All these years, Taehyung hadn't questioned his brother on what happened. Taehyung looked at his brother with sad eyes. Taehyung knew there's no point in being mad now. What happened in the past will remain in the past and their present self will no longer have the ability to change things that happened already.

The only thing that they can do now is to accept and try to not make the same mistakes again.

"We had an argument. He was insisting that Jennie should inherit the company before, but we all know that that's the thing Jennie hated the most! She doesn't want to have a position in the company and you know that! Modelling isn't even her passion but we made her do it."

"What happened?" Taehyung asked again, slowly understanding his brother's words.

"I insisted that he could choose between the two of us and that Jennie wants to pursue a career that is related to her passion but he declined saying that I am only saying those to him because I am greedy for his power which is a complete lie!" Namjoon cried, throwing a handful of sand onto the sea.

"He brought out a gun from his back and pointed it at me. I tried to snatch it from him but I ended up killing him instead." Namjoon slumped down on the sand with his breathing ragged from crying too much.

"So that's why mother took the gun from you? That's why she pushed us out of our house and burned themselves on fire so no one can know the truth except for me?" The younger asked even though he already knew the answer to those questions.

"Go! Just go!"

"But Mom!" Jennie shouted whilst being pulled by Taehyung outside the house. Their mother managed to bring the fainted Namjoon outside and went to their garage to bring out the gallons of gasoline.

Taehyung saw how desperate their mother was while trying to surround the house with the gasoline and when she finished the whole gallon, she went inside with a lighter on her hand.

Taehyung witnessed how Jennie shouted for their mother and for his help, but their mother's eyes kept telling him to just stay and watch them burn to death.

there was nothing Taehyung could do if their mother was looking at him like that.

Namjoon was still faint just outside the gate and Jennie was a crying mess under his grasp.

When their mother lit up their house surrounded by gasoline, Taehyung pulled his younger sister outside as Namjoon had his consciousness back. Before Namjoon could process that their parents were now burning to death, it was too late for him to try and redeem himself from killing their father.

The neighbours outside had managed to notice them and even called for the firefighters but it was already too late.

Taehyung knows that even if they managed to bring his parents out from the fire, their father wouldn't survive from the gunshot in his heart and their mother would try and kill herself from what happened to their family.

"I'm so sorry." Namjoon whispered.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around his brother and silently blamed himself for taking the blame that was meant for Namjoon. If he hadn't done that, what could've happened?

"What do you want me to do?" Taehyung asked, letting go of the older.

"Take care of Jennie while I'm not around when this trip ends. We should give her a chance to at least enjoy this trip with her friends before I surrender myself to the police."

"You're going to surrender yourself? You're going to let the public know that the famous Kim Namjoon killed his own father? You're going to let Jennie know the truth through the media?"

"If that's the only way I can reveal the truth without embarrassing myself in front of our sister then I will."

-

Instead of releasing one sequel for this book, I've decided to make this a series with three books so I can explain the story well of both Jennie and Lisa in these books~