treize

Jennie hummed as she continued to walk towards the dreamland. Her body was asleep but her mind wanted to go somewhere else.

A place where anything can't be true.

She had been to that place before while her body is at rest, but Jennie noticed something.

She was taking much longer than usual to reach the door towards the dreamland. Her surroundings were getting fuzzy and the sight of the dreamland was getting blurry. Everything around her was a mess, things were being thrown everywhere and as Jennie tried to dodge all of it, she could hear voices.

Voices of confusions and madnesses.

As the time goes by, the voices are getting louder and the things being thrown to her are getting harder to dodge.

Not until she was hit by one of the objects she can't know and her ear rang from the loud noise that stopped everything around her except for the thing that hit her.

She slowly opened her eyes, the vision that she expected wasn't there.

She's in the real world now.

She had her hands covering her ears and the sweats on her forehead were rolling down towards her pillow. Her body was draped with a blanket and her heart was racing faster as if she had escaped a police catch.

Jennie looked around her room.

It was still night judging from the moonlight that passed through her windows. The place was awfully quiet, the only thing that she could only hear was her own rapid breathing.

"Why is it so quiet?" Jennie asked herself. She stood up from her bed and looked towards her door.

"Jennie?" Jennie felt her body being shaken and there she slowly opened her eyes; realizing that it was all a dream, and she wished it didn't happen in reality. But there is no way she can change her surroundings, there is no way to change the past and affect the future.

The model brought her arms out from being crossed up to her chest. She looked at the window and saw that they're on a car, probably moving from the airport to Jisoo's beach house. She didn't expect herself to actually fall asleep while in the car.

"You're trembling... and crying." Lisa spoke. The photographer reached out to brush the tears away from Jennie's face and the latter seemed to relax under her touch.

"What happened there?" Lisa asked this time. She knew the model had dreamt of something really bad, or maybe it was her memories coming to her as a dream. The look on Jennie's face was different. It was different from the usual Lisa had always seen from the older.

"Something bad." The model gathered herself. She looked around the car and she was thankful that the three were in a different car. It would be embarrassing if they're with them.

"Why don't you try to forget it?" Lisa carefully asked; worried that she might hurt the older's feelings in some way. She promised to herself that she won't let that happen now that she discovered a tiny bit of the older's past.

"I can't." The older looked down on her lap and drifted her gaze towards the window as she spoke.

Every time she would have a dream about the past, she would always have her mind spinning as if it was on merry-go-round. She would sometimes throw up because of dizziness. But this time, it was different. Her mind was calmer than usual and she doesn't feel sick, at least.

Maybe because she's not alone when it happened.

Maybe her body knew that there's someone she can rely on whenever these dreams would happen so it adjusted itself.

Jennie doesn't know.

"If I can't do something about it, it would only bother me with more dreams. Lisa, I think this is a message. I think my mom wanted me to know the truth so I can finally be free from the past. That's the only thing that makes sense now." Jennie looked at the photographer with desperate eyes and Lisa could tell how desperate she was.

The model felt her hands being dragged and when she looked down at her hand, Lisa was caressing it.

The butterflies in her stomach came back and the heat on her cheeks was getting a little bit evident from the sun shining outside the car through the window. Her heart was beating rapidly and Jennie could tell that the younger was feeling the same way too. Lisa's face was getting redder the longer she held the model's delicate hand.

"I get it, and I would like you to know that we'll always be right here, I'll always be right here for you to rely on." Lisa struggled to keep her face straight as she tried to be calm as possible. The butterflies were flipping and flying crazy inside her stomach and she knows that her feelings have evolved.

Jennie looked at her in the eye and without saying anything, the model placed her head on the younger's shoulder and she quietly held the younger's hand that was caressing her hand before.

She closed her eyes again and this time, she wished that she wouldn't have those dreams again even just for a while. Because now she have someone to rely on when things get hard with her memories coming back to either give her a message or to torture her.

-

Even for the smallest movements

I can't help but respond

Baby, you know it

Perhaps we are similar

Thinking the same thoughts

Seemingly wanting for something