dix-neuf

Jennie was on her way to the living room from her room with her packed things at both of her hands. Today will be the day where they all have to go back home and continue their daily lives, until next time.

She carefully placed her luggage just beside the couch when Taehyung called out her name in whisper. "Jennie." Although confused and surprised at the same time, she looked at him with her furrowed eyebrows before walking towards her older brother.

Taehyung was standing by the door that led to the beach and the model can see him gesturing to follow her outside and onto the beach.

Jennie suddenly remembered that her brother wanted to talk to her since the incident between them and Namjoon happened a few days ago. She was too immersed in the thought of enjoying their trip just like what her brother wanted her to feel that she managed to forget about their 'talk'.

"What is it?" Jennie asked, her voice was a little awkward and she suddenly felt the surge of guilt throughout her body. No one knows why, even her, but the guilt was too strong than she can imagine.

"This is... awkward. I know, but... I have to do this before anything else happens between the three of us." Taehyung spoke and the mention of them being siblings immediately worried the hell out of the model. This talk's going to have something about them and now she's definitely sure of it.

Jennie continued to look at him, urging him to continue without her interrupting him. "There's something you need to know."

The model's curiosity rose up again and when she knew that her brother was about to say something big and controversial judging from the way he can't let his hands relax. Being nervous was an understatement and she can't help but to grow both anxious and frustrated at how long it takes for her to receive another response from the older.

"It's not-

"Where the hell is Namjoon?!" The two of them both stopped and turned their attention inside the house. They could hear a scream and Jennie knew it definitely came from Seokjin.

Taehyung and Jennie looked at each other for a second before running towards the house to see what the heck was happening. It's already their last day, Jennie doesn't want to deal with any more problems for this trip.

"What's happening?" Taehyung immediately asked when the two of them reached the house.

Seokjin was pacing back and forth with a paper on his grasp and both Yoongi and Jungkook were on their phones; seemingly trying to contact someone. Jimin was standing outside the house by the front yard looking around. The rest of the girls are rushing from the second floor to the living room with a mix of worry and confusion on their faces.

"Here." The eldest among them handed an unfolded paper to Taehyung and his younger sister immediately ran to his side to take a look at the content of the paper.

"Take care of them while I'm gone. Don't worry too much, something that will happen to me was supposed to take place several years ago." Taehyung spoke as he read the words one by one.

"What the fuck is he saying?" Jennie snatched the paper from the older to get a closer look at the note. It was Namjoon's handwriting and the two of them including Seokjin couldn't be wrong about that.

"He's surrendering himself to the police." The model can hear her brother speak beside him. Even with the calm and low voice, Jennie could tell the frustration or maybe anger lying underneath his words. She doesn't know the meaning behind Namjoon's note, but seeing Taehyung acting like that, she knew it has something to do with them.

Very much like what Taehyung was supposed to say a while ago.

There was something odd going on around them.

But obviously, Jennie has no clue and that frustrates her so much.

"What do you mean by surrendering himself to the police?" Seokjin asked with his voice completely worried about her elder brother. She hadn't seen Seokjin acting like this and everyone knew that Namjoon can handle himself, he's an adult and he can make big decisions as much as he can. Yet, that isn't the main problem here.

The note.

Jennie can feel her heart rate pacing up as she tried to collect herself and gather all of her thoughts. She was trying to comprehend what was happening, but the result she got was something she totally didn't expect.

"Does this have something to do about what you're going to say to me a while ago?" Jennie quietly asked and she saw how scared Taehyung was when he whipped his attention towards her. the model can feel the burning stare of his brother and without even a single word being thrown as a response, Jennie knew the answer.

This has something to do with their family.

This has something to do with their parents' death.

"Yes." Taehyung replied a little bit late and their conversation was making no sense to the others, especially Seokjin.

"Can you guys wait outside?" Both of them looked at Seokjin who was patiently asking the others to wait outside and give themselves a little more time to talk things out. There's something that keeps on bothering the three of them. Jennie and Taehyung don't know that Seokjin's already involved in their family problem.

"Namjoon said something to me a few days ago. It's a sensitive topic to be discussed with them watching us and I don't want the two of you to feel exposed even if they're our friends.

"Why do the two of you know something that I don't?!" Jennie screamed in frustration and the eldest had seen this coming. He then decided to worry about Namjoon later and focus on his siblings instead.

"He's trying to protect you Jennie. They're trying to protect you. I know nothing on Taehyung's side and especially to yours and I am speaking based on what I only know from your brother. You're smart Jennie, I know you now figured out what was going on. This isn't the time to blame someone or be mad at someone. As a person whom your brother trusted in taking care of the two of you, it's also my job to understand and know your side. But right now, I am speaking on his behalf." Seokjin paused for a moment before continuing. He drifted his eyes from Jennie and towards the younger male beside her.

"Taehyung, she deserves to know." The eldest pleaded with his eyes and even if Taehyung tried to fight it, he had to do it.

"I deserve to know what?" Jennie asked again; her voice full of frustration and confusion.

"You deserve to know that it was Namjoon who killed our father with a gun and made mother burn themselves inside our house to erase all the possible evidence that will make Namjoon go to jail."