Chapter One - Doughnuts and Impossibilities.

“We're getting paid to do this,” I chuckled, as Tony Stark and I were sitting on the roof of a coffee shop, bunking off our duties with S.H.I.EL.D. and The Avengers to eat doughnuts.

“It's not like they need us for anything; they have Capsicle and Banner, oh, and the Tourist. Anyway, Coulson will cover for us as usual,” Tony said, flipping his sunglasses over his eyes as the sun beat down on us. Tony was wearing a plain black t-shirt, but his arc reactor was glowing through the fabric. I was wearing a simple white shirt, with a pair of black jeans.

This was like a ritual for us. Everyday, well, unless we are drastically needed, we sit up on the coffee shop roof, for 1 or 2 hours eating doughnuts; taking turns to pay on alternate days. Agent Coulson joins us occasionally, when he isn't too busy.

“True, I think Fury is getting a bit-”

“Stark! Richards! Get down from there right now!” A booming voice yelled; we both knew perfectly well who it was. We both stood up, holding half-eaten doughnuts in our hand to find Nick Fury, standing in front of Agent Coulson.

“Coulson! You told him about us?” Tony yelled down.

“He had to.”

“I had to,” Coulson and I said at the exact same time, I had read his thoughts with my telepathic abilities, and knew exactly what needed to be said.

“Get down. Otherwise both of your positions at S.H.I.E.L.D. will be compromised,” Fury boomed up to us. Annoyed, Tony and I removed ourselves from the roof and met Fury and Coulson on the ground. Well, Tony climbed down using the stairs at the back, I transported myself; disappearing from the roof and re-appearing in front of Fury.

“Go on, why are we needed?” I asked, “you wouldn't be here if you didn't have a job for one of us,”

“I know where this is going, you need two men in the lab, Banner too scary on his own?” Tony said sarcastically, shoving the rest of his doughnut in his mouth.

“Actually Stark, this mission is for Richards-”

“Ah! Another job nobody else wants to do,” Tony said, slapping my back, “Good luck kid!”

I quickly delved into Fury's mind to find out what the mission was before it escaped his lips. Then I found it. No. I'm not doing it, no.

“I'm not doing it,” I stated simply, walking away from the three of them.

"You'll do as you're damn well told, Richards!” Fury said, gripping the top of my arm as I swept past. I angrily shoved off his grip.

“I'm not the only female in this operation Fury. Get Romanoff to do it,” I said, waving him off.

“This isn't down to gender, Richards. Agent Romanoff doesn't have the mental abilities you have, we need-”

“I don't care what you need! I'm not making a God fall in love with me!” I screamed. Coulson sighed and muttered a quiet 'told you so'. Tony actually fell into fits of laughter.

“Ha! You want her to seduce Loki?! She's right, this is a job for Natasha-”

“Stark. This isn't just seduction. Loki needs to love her. He needs to want her, feel for her,” Fury said simply, “We've all agreed this is our best option,”

“No. I haven't, neither has he,” I said, pointing to Tony.

“It's still four against two, if the both of you oppose,” Fury added, “We need you back at base. Get in the car.”