Chapter Three - Sleepovers, Lies and Rage Monsters

A/N : This is an incredibly short upload, for that I apologise. I also apologise for any spelling or grammar as this is unedited, anyways, enjoy! 

abbiemca

~~~~~~~

I was absolutely furious at not being told I had to spend nights as well as days with Loki. How did they expect me to sleep in the same room as him? He is a foul, evil, destructive being; clearly nobody cares about my welfare in this place.

Natasha strolled out of the room and I heard a click when the key was turned in the lock. I groaned loudly and threw myself backwards so I was laying right across the cold floor of our confinement. Loki smiled a little at me.

“What?” I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows, he shook his head lightly.

“Nothing,” He said, with another small smile. Oh how I wish I was allowed into his head. He placed himself down next to me, so we were lying on the cold floor together, I narrowed my eyes at him.

“What are you doing?” I asked him suspiciously. He shrugged.

“Laying down,” He said simply. I looked at him for a moment, he looked really quite peaceful when he wasn't ruining somebody's life.

“Aren't your clothes uncomfortable?” I asked him, they certainly looked uncomfortable. It was mainly leather, and it looked like he had quite a few layers of the stuff on. There was also bits of metal in places.

“I'm used to this attire. We wear much heavier in Asgard so this is nothing compared to my other robes,” Loki said, looking into my eyes. His eyes were a wonderful, royal shade of green.

“What is it like in Asgard?” I asked him, he took a deep breath, ready to explain to me.

“Asgard is a wonderful place. The streets are paved with gold, everybody there is grateful and pleasant. The robes and attire are magnificent, the animals are much different from those at Midguard. The palace, in which I live, is fantastic; made of solid gold, there are chambers which could have only been created from dreams,” Loki said, his now soft and gentle voice echoing in my ears. I had closed my eyes and imagined the place he had described. It sounded wonderful. I opened my eyes again and looked back at Loki, his green eyes were suddenly filled with pain, after his description of his home town but once he had caught me looking at him, all of the sadness in his eyes was suddenly washed away.

“Maybe I could take you one day,” He said to me, his green eyes now piercing mine. I blinked in shock. What? I could never go with him! Ever! Wait...is this a step forward? Am I accomplishing my mission?

“Maybe,” I said quietly, breaking the eye contact with him and laying on my side. I could still feel his eyes on my back, but I ignored it and slowly drifted into a dreamless sleep.

*

When I woke up I was greeted by Loki's cold arms wrapped around my waist. I choked on my breath for a minute before jumping from his grip; he was still asleep, and my heart was hammering against my ribcage. When did that happen? Surely I didn't allow that, did I? I shook my head violently and slumped down into a heap against the glass. I can't let him too close, I just need to trick him somehow. I need to make him think I care; but how? Is the only way to do that to actually care?

“Soldier,” I heard a familiar voice say, I jerked my head upright to see Steve on the other side of the glass wall, he gave me a half smile as I ran over to the glass and beamed at him.

“Steve!” I yelled happily, waking Loki up in the process. He groggily opened his eyes and raised an eyebrow at Steve who was now glaring at him, with clenched fists. I transported myself from the case and stood right next to Steve, flinging my arms around his neck.

“Nice to see you in the flesh, soldier,” He said, hugging me back.

“Nice to see you at all,” I said, half heartedly falling out of the embrace. I knew very well that Loki was staring at this whole scene.

“I was going to come and see you but Banner said he wasn't worth my time and effort,” Steve said, with a horribly tense glare towards Loki as he said 'he'. My strength wavered for a split second as the tension in the air was crippling. That was another down side of my powers, if there is too much of one horribly strong and negative emotion, such as hate, it weakens me. Nobody knew about that weakness though.

“I think now is impeccable timing, don't you?” Loki said suddenly, with a horrible sickly grin spread across his face. What was he talking about? Suddenly there was a huge explosion coming from the left of the base. What was that?! I spun towards Loki.

“What have you done?!”

“Ah, this is just the start,” He said to me, I began to run towards his glass casing, but Steve grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back. Suddenly, there was roaring, flames and more explosions. Steve and I stopped everything we were doing at that moment and became as still as statues. We all knew what that was. Including Loki, that much he had admitted with a horrible cackle. I tore away from Steve's grip as another roar rippled through the base.

“Ava, no!” Steve yelled, as I teleported myself back with Loki. I pushed Loki to the ground with my mind powers, and he scowled at me.

“Ava Richards...I'm the least of your worries at the moment. Looks like Banner's your top priority,” Loki said, in his horrible sleek voice. Another roar and some more crashing sounds confirmed what I had already worked out.

The Hulk had been released.

I was momentarily distracted by everything that was going on around me, that I had lost focus on Loki. And with this, he escaped my grasp and grabbed my waist with his cool hands. I kicked and protested but it was no use against a God. Steve yelled in protest but he could hardly even be heard over everything else that was going on.

“I think we shall leave your friends to deal with this on their own, don't you?” He whispered into my ear, his grip tightening on my waist. Suddenly I felt a searing pain through my head and I suddenly realised Loki was breaking into my head to use my powers to escape the glass casing. It was the most pain I had ever been through; it felt as though somebody was pulling my head apart with garden tools.

I couldn't protest against him any longer and I became limp and useless in his arms. I could faintly hear Steve's shouts, and Loki's cackling, but everything after that is just black.   

*

Not once had I been that vulnerable and weak, not once.

I had woken in my own bed, in my own apartment. Well, this was...unexpected. I sat bolt upright in my bed, and my head was still unbelievably sore. I ignored the scorching pain and dragged myself out of my bed and into the main kitchen/dining area. I stopped dead when Loki was stood there making pancakes.

“What are you doing in my house?!” I screamed at the top of my voice.

"I could have taken you to someplace worse Ava, so please be grateful otherwise I will happily eat your share of the food," Loki said, plastering a false smile across his face. He had changed his clothes, he was wearing human attire now, a white shirt, a black suit with a green paisley print scarf. I glared at him suspisciously. 

"Enlighten me, Loki. How?" I hissed. He turned from his cooking and raised an eyebrow at me.

"How what?" He asked, innocently. I gritted my teeth as I recieved another shooting pain right through my head. 

"Loki. Just give me answers," I said through gritted teeth, as the pain was becoming overwhelming. Loki stood staring at me, his eyebrows knitted together. 

"I had no idea that it would hurt you so much..." He whispered quietly. The pain in my head was slowly becoming too much for me and I was gradually lowering myself to the floor. As my head was about to pound onto the kitchen floor tiles, Loki sped to my side and cradled my sore head in his cold hands. He sighed apologetically and cradled my whole body in his arms. His grip was tight and for once; I actually felt like I was safe, like nothing could hurt me, ever. 

Was that right? To feel safe, whilst in the arms of the God of Mischeif, Lies and Deceit?