Chapter Fourteen - Soldiering On

A/N: Let the second battle chapter commence! Alright so, this chapter is going to be split into two people's views, Ava's and Loki's. This is the first time I've written in Loki's view and I don't fancy messing it up, if it sounds silly or inconvincing please let me know! Dedicated to CelticLands because I love her in a completely platonic way.

Enjoy and have a wonderful day/night, love, abbiemca x

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Ava's View

Tony and I made our way down from Stark Tower to meet with Steve, Natasha and Clint. The three of them stared at me, Natasha and Clint in confusion, Steve in anger. Steve spoke first, naturally shouting and screaming at me. I sighed.

"Where the hell have you been, Richards?!" He yelled. I kneaded my forehead with my fingers and let him carry on his rant. "We were worried sick!"

Is he for real? I know I left him on his own and everything, but Clint and Natasha were there soon enough, weren't they? New York City is being destroyed by aliens, and he's shouting at me for wondering off!

"No Steve, you were worried sick! I'm not stupid, I'm not going to run into death, Steve. You treat me like a child, and I'm not!" I yelled. Steve almost looked taken aback, but then his face contorted into anger once more.

"For God's sake Ava! I treat you like a child because you act like one!"

"Fine! If I act like a child, I'm pretty sure you won't want me here with the adults, will you?" I snarled. Tony had taken to holding off some Chitauri that were trying to surround us.

"No, Ava, wait-" He started, but I'd already teleported to the other side of New York, with some fresh Chitauri for me to vent my anger on. Alright, maybe I was a little unfair leaving him on his own for a while, but...I had to save the little boy, or what I thought was a little boy. I suppose I was being quite petty, too. I shot about 6 of them within ten minutes, quickly and precisely. A few who I felt particularly angry with, I ripped their minds up.

The Chitauri were dropping like flies around me and I was quite proud of myself. I needed to take my mind off not only Steve, but Loki to. I didn't understand how he could go from being the sweetest person on Earth, to a maniacal psychopath in the time span of 5 minutes. I shook my head to shake Loki's presence from my head, and I carried on killing the skeletal aliens. After about ten more minutes of me killing aliens on my own, there was a sudden rumble of thunder and the skies above me darkened with charcoal coloured clouds, each one lined with white lightning. I grinned. A figure dropped from the thunderous sky and clung to a building near me. 

"Thor!" I yelled, with a ridiculously wide grin spread across my face. Thor turned his head towards me, his blonde hair whipping across his face in the wind. The clouds were slowly fading back to their original chalky white colour and the skies were returning to the crisp blue. Thor held his hammer Mjolnir in his left hand, and waved it about in the air as a signal to me. He dropped himself down and I soon found the 6ft 4 God towering over me. 

"Hello Lady Richards," He said with a smile. He was clad in similarly tailored armour to Loki's; apart from Thor's was red and silver, not green and gold. Thor's cape was scarlet and it blew out majestically in the wind. His arms were protected by silver armour that was fitted to his muscles perfectly and was designed with tiny, repetitive diamond shapes embossed into it. He also wore silver wrist guards, which were lined with the same scarlet material as his cape. His torso was heavily armoured, each part silver and it all screaming royalty. 

"Why are you not with the others?" Thor asked me, as he threw his hammer in the side of a Chitauri's head. I quickly flicked one away from the two of us before answering him.