Epilogue

A/N: The epilogue! I won't bore you with my ramblings, thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night! Love, abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*

-12 MONTHS LATER-

Ava's View

I walked down the streets of New York, holding up an umbrella to shield myself from the pouring rain threatening to drench me and my clothes. 

Alright so, what's changed within twelve months? Absolutely nothing, I'm still me, with my silly glow up hands and annoying friends. Well, alright, I suppose there has been a few changes. 

The first being that Anthony Stark is now engaged. Seriously. I didn't believe Pepper when she called me to tell meIt was a bit of a shock, I mean, nobody even saw it coming, not even Bruce. 

The second being that Steve now knows how to use a mobile phone. 

The third one being that all seven of us are now public superheroes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the attention. Alright, I don't like the press conferences or interviews, or adults or paparazzi. I like the kids though. (Not in a creepy way, dear God, no.) The kids look up to us all, imitating us, with Cap's shield and Thor's hammer. Little boys with Iron Man masks on, and little girls with purple replicas of my cape. I found it all very cute, and I never ever turn down a chance to talk to the kids that look up to us. 

I got a new apartment too, it's bigger than my last and it's a lot more modern. The landlady is nice enough, but she doesn't really appreciate it when I bring a gang of superheroes around for pizza, especially when most of them have a tendency to get far too drunk. 

Bruce decided to stay with us in New York too, he lives pretty much next door to Stark Tower, in a lovely house, which is now basically one huge science lab with a bedroom. 

Steve struggles a little, so I go around to his small apartment quite often, just to make sure he isn't electrocuting himself on a regular basis. 

Nat and Clint still haven't gotten together, which is becoming really, really annoying now. 

None of us heard from Thor or Loki since the battle. I try not to ponder about Loki, because I only end up upsetting myself. I'd also be lying if I said I was over him; I definitely was not. I still loved him, and I probably always will.

My umbrella flipped itself inside out in a sudden gust of wind, and two of the spokes snapped in half. My hair was now suddenly soaking. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't the day when I'd promised to keep myself looking at least respectable. Pepper was taking Nat and I dress shopping for the wedding. I despised dresses and both of them knew that, however, I was determined to be supportive of Pepper and reluctantly go along with whatever she wanted; after all, it was her wedding, not mine.

Suddenly, my phone vibarted and bleeped in my pocket. I gave up with wrestling with my umbrella and shoved it, spokes and all, into a nearby bin. I pulled out my phone, trying to shield it form the downpour of rain, which was the most pointless thing I think I'd ever done. I sighed and allowed my phone to collect raindrops as I opened the text message; it was from Pepper. 

Ava, where are you? Nat is already here and the shop assistant is getting impatient!

I growled at the text and sent back a reply. 

Oh, I'm awfully sorry Pepper, I'm just having a wrestling match with an umbrella. I shouldn't be a mo. 

The reply I received was best left unsaid.