Chapter Six - Compromises

A/N: And here we have Chapter Six! If anybody has any suggestions for an actor to portray Ava, then I'd love to know :) Anyway, have a lovely Day/Night and enjoy!

~

Chapter Six - Compromises

"You did what?!" Fury bellowed at me, he loomed over me, treating me as if I was a small child. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from snapping back at him.

"You heard what I said," I hissed through gritted teeth. He was furious, he was having trouble breathing normally he was that angry with me. But however much he tried to intimidate me by towering over me, it wasn't working. I continued to stand tall and not break. Other agents had made their way into the small conference room we were arguing in; including Natasha and Thor.

"You had one job, Richards. One job. I wouldn't have minded if you had failed the 'make him love you' part, but YOU LOST MY PRISONER!" Fury screamed, the volume of his voice made the ground beneath my feet vibrate. He took a deep breath before starting on me again, although this time he was a lot calmer. "Ava Richards. The last time you were cautioned for your behaviour, I warned you that if you put another foot out of line, your position here at SHIELD would be compromised. This is me making that compromise."

"What are you saying?" I asked him, I was clearly stepping on a fine line here.

"You are no longer part of The Avengers Initiative, or part of any SHIELD activities. I'll need your revolver, your ID and your pass to base," He said, with another deep breath. Tears were prickling my eyes, but I pushed them back. I'm too strong to cry. I saw Coulson on the side lines, and as soon as Fury made his statement, he came forward to argue it.

"Director, we need Ava. You can't kick her off the team-"

"Coulson. I've made my decision. Don't make me fire you too," Fury snapped. Coulson sighed and stepped back to his original position, motuhing the words 'sorry' at me. I gave him a weak smile, which he returned.

A few of the agents gasped  and whispered at me being 'fired'. I fished into my pockets and threw the items he required on the round, glass conference table.

"I'll go empty my locker," I muttered. He gave me a curt nod, then turned his back on me, holding his hands behind him. I suppose I should be upset over all this, but I should have seen it coming. I suppose I deserve this, all the trouble I cause...but do I? Fair enough, all the other times that I had misbehaved, they were on purpose. But lsoing Loki...that was an accident. I didn't mean it.

"I slumped down the futuristic silver corridors of the SHIELD base until I reached my locker, and when I got there I was greeted by a mane of flaming red hair. I groaned.

"What do you want?" I scowled, the only eotion showing in my tone was resent. Natasha looked at me, not with the smugness I expected but with sympathy. I glared at her.

"I'm here to apologise."

"For what?"

"For being completely nasty to you whilst you were here," She said with a sigh. I blinked in surprise at what she was saying.

"Well...in that case, I guess I'm sorry too," I said, forcing a small smile. She gave a small laugh at my feeble attempt at an apology.

"You don't have to apologise. You were just giving back whatever I threw at you. If truth be told, Ava, I was only nasty because I was, well, kind of...jealous."

"Jealous?! Why on Earth would you be jealous of me?!" I asked, completely astounded. Although I would never admit it before, Natasha was incredibly pretty. She had an amazing figure which was always complimented by the clothes she wore. Everybody respected her, everybody would talk to her. I was seen as a child, purely because my actions portrayed me as one.