Chapter Fifteen - The Truth

Ava's View

I prodded around in Loki's mind aimlessly, I didn't want to go through his head, I already knew he loved me. Yeah, I'd completed the mission, not that I actually cared anymore. I didn't want to relive his past either, he'd told me about it, and that had resulted in him sobbing, why would I want to disturb something so personal to him?

What I was more worried about was him finding the mission; because I knew that Loki being Loki, would find it and then lose it. He wouldn't dig deeper for the truth, he would stop as soon as he found the briefing and lose his temper; because that's just what he does. 

And judging by the look on his face, he'd found the assignment. The funny sensation of somebody being in my head had disappeared and Loki's levels of anger were gradually rising. 

"It was all lies! You never loved me, Ava! The one woman I had learnt to cherish, and you did nothing but lie to me!" Loki spat furiously. 

"Loki listen to me!" I protested. He shook his head and began bellowing at me again. He needed to dig deeper, I did love him, and I always will love him! I need him to dig deeper! 

"No! Why should I listen to you? So you can lie to me again?!" He screamed. His face was full of pain, and his eyes were slowly beginning to fill will tears. 

"Loki, please just listen, did you not see how happy we were?" 

"You are a talented actress Ava! You never loved me, I can see that! I cannot do this anymore! I gave up so much for you, and now I get it thrown back in my face-"

"LOKI SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Loki was seething with fury but he managed to seal his lips for a small amount of time; allowing me to speak to him. "You don't see do you? It was a mission at first, yes. But I had grown to love you, could you not see how happy I was when I was with you in my memories? Did you just overlook that? The fact that it was an assignment has got nothing to do with that fact that I love you Loki. I love you with all of my heart and I always will." 

I explained all of this with a quiet voice and salt water slowly forming tears in my tear ducts and rolling down my cheeks. He was clearly trying to fight his tears, but eventually he gave up and the both of us were standing there crying. 

"You are not lying?" Loki asked me quietly, he seemed to have calmed down now. I nodded vigorously. 

"You can get into my head Loki, I haven't shut off the entrance." I said quietly, wiping away the droplets of water from my face. 

"I do not want to. I just want you to tell me." 

"I already have, Loki."

"Could you tell me again? Please," He said, his green eyes now puffy and red-rimmed. I looked at him sympathetically. He's lost and he knows it. I didn't say anything to him again, I just stepped towards him, stood on my tip-toes and gently pressed my lips against his. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled my body to his, giving me support so that I was no longer balancing on just my tip-toes. He kissed me back, and this kiss was not one of passion or lust. It was one of love, and warmth. When we parted, he cupped my face in his cool palms. 

"I love you," He whispered softly as he pushed a loose strand of hair, that had escaped the purple band, away from my face. 

"I love you too," I said, my tone as quiet and gentle as his. Loki leaned into me again for another kiss but we were interrupted by my earpiece. 

"Richards. I hope you know we just seen and heard all of that." Tony's sarcastic voice rang down my ear. I groaned and dropped myself from Loki's grasp. He gave a me a small smile.