Chapter Two - Godly Games

Chapter Two – Godly Games

I strolled into Loki's room, holding my head high despite my rising anxiety. The room was dark, with a large, round container in the middle. There was control panels no doubt linked to the clear round container, and of course, inside that container was none other than Loki. I looked straight at him and a sickly evil grin spread across his face.

“I have to keep an eye on you, Loki,” I lied, I couldn't tell him my real mission obviously. I walked over to the Loki's container and I transported myself inside. He blinked curiously at my abilities, but didn't say anything. I was now stood in front of him, in his transparent glass case. He was a lot taller than me, approximately 6ft 2”. He had shoulder length black hair and he was quite thin but evidently strong, being a God and all. His skin was pale, and he had chiselled, prominent cheekbones; but his bright green eyes contrasted his skin and stood out a mile. He wore a black, leather outfit, with bits of green and a little gold here and there. If he didn't have such an evil stature, he would have been quite handsome.

I eyed Loki suspiciously and sat down on the floor of the container. He suddenly began pacing his cage and his eyebrows began knitting together, as if he was troubled with something. I decided to read his thoughts, since I don't think asking what was up would actually give me answers. As I started to sieve through his thoughts, he stopped still and glared at me. I suddenly got a searing pain through my head, and it felt as if something was pushing me out off his mind.

“Get out of my head,” He hissed at me.

“H-How did you-?”

“I'm the most powerful sorcerer in Asgard, did you honestly think a mortal like yourself can infiltrate my mind?” He said, with a horribly evil grin. I looked at him for a moment without saying or doing anything, his eyes were unnerving. He broke the contact and then began pacing the cage again, I let him get on with it, whilst I sulked at not being allowed into his head. But eventually, the sound of his feet hitting the ground repetitively began to grind on my nerves.

“What's wrong, Loki?” I asked him irritably, he stopped immediately and spun to face me. He walked towards me and crouched over me.

“It doesn't concern you,” He whispered into my ear, sending chills right through my body. But after this, he stopped pacing and sat down beside me. Neither of us said anything; we just sat in silence. So much for making him fall in love with me. Maybe he likes girls who are seen and not heard?

We sat in this way for at least fifteen minutes. I was so bored I was becoming hungry; this was definitely a job for Natasha, she has much more patience than I do. Due to all of this boredom, I decided to make things a little more fun; I may not be able to read his mind, but I'm still able to wind him up, aren't I? So, using my mental abilities, I flicked his ear, but I didn't touch him. He just felt a flick on his ear, but I hadn't moved my arm. He glared at me, but still, didn't say anything. So I made a small gust of wind and made his hair fly. This time he spoke;

“Stop it, girl,” He said, now facing and glaring at me. I smirked and mentally flicked his ear again, this time he gave me a full-on snarl and pinned me to the ground by my shoulders. So now, I was laying on the floor, with Loki basically on top of me. My breathing increased; out of fear more than anything.

“What if I don't?” I said, bravely. Loki raised an eyebrow at me.

“You'll regret it,” He whispered, breathing down my neck. I struggled to free myself from his grip, I may be strong and have funny mind powers but I'm no bloody God.

“Get off me, Loki,” I said, strongly. He looked at me for a moment, but then softened his grip, so I took advantage and sent him flying across the cage without touching him; he slammed straight into the reinforced glass. He composed himself, and then ran straight at me, but I disappeared before he got to me. I reappeared behind him and knocked him to the ground. This time; I pinned him to the ground by his shoulders; using my abilities to stop him from pushing me off him.