Chapter Five - Ballroom Dancing

The next morning I had woken up in my bed, in my dingy little apartment. It took me a moment to realise what was going on; Loki was beside me in my bed. A single bed, might I add. I choked on my breath, why is he in my bed?! I managed to calm myself and I began to breathe a little more normal. 

I didn't want to sit up straight away in case I disturbed him, but I guess I was going to have to, I was still in my clothes from yesterday and I needed to get changed. His cold, strong arms were clasped around my waist firmly and his face was millimetres away from mine. His hair had tumbled over his face slightly and his eyebrows were furrowed together, like he was having a bad dream. I can usually sense dreams or nightmares but not with Loki. I wanted to wake him up, and stop his nightmare but after last night, when he let everything out and wept with me, I decided he needed some sort of rest. I gently raised my head, successfully leaving Loki contented. There was no way I could escape his firm grasp on my waist with my bare hands; his arms felt like weights holding me down.

So carefully I splayed my fingers and allowed my hand to glow a pastel hue of pink, soon Loki's arms were lifted from me and I managed to stand from the bed without waking him. 

My bedroom is only small, hence the single bed. I haven't decorated in a while, and I rely on posters, pictures and shelves to hide my fading paintwork. I have a tall bookshelf crammed with old, tattered books and ornaments. I also had photos of myself, Tony, Bruce and Steve pinned up above the bed, those three being the only people I could actually call friends. 

There was a full length mirror in the corner of the room, with small floral engravings around the edges. It was a gift from an old friend, and I had just managed to not smash it. Next to the mirror was a small, elegant black desk with nothing but a few black Biro's and a silver laptop on top of it. 

Of course there was also a wardrobe, only slim though, as I don't own a vast amount of clothes. I picked out a loose t-shirt and some shorts, then walked into the bathroom to get changed. The bathroom was connected to my bedroom and could only be reached by walking through my room. I had to change in there because I couldn't imagine how awkward it would be if Loki woke up whilst I was getting changed in the room. I didn't look very pretty, but I really didn't care. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair and then strolled back through the bedroom to reach the kitchen. 

I made myself a cup of hot chocolate; I've never really been a great lover of tea or coffee. I sat at the small, glass table in the centre of my kitchen and sipped the hot beverage encased in my fingers. 

What do I do now? I can't take Loki to Fury, because then Loki won't trust me and I can't accomplish my mission of making him fall for me. He would just see me as a traitor, not somebody who he could love, 

He cnan't stay here either. I don't have anywhere, apart from my bed, and unfortunately, that's mine. He could always sleep on the couch but somebody broke all of the springs inside it. *cough* Tony *cough*

And if he does end up sharing my bed, that would only make things worse. I could no longer have guests around, I would have to lie to everyone. Heck, only one of my friends knows where I am now. They'll come looking for me soon enough, Bruce will tell them where I am eventually. Then what do I do?

"Good morning," a familiar silky voice said. I looked up from my hands and of course Loki was standing in front of me. He had changed too, he was now wearing a tight fitted green t-shirt and black jeans. Although he did look good in his clothes, he didn't seem particularly comfortable wearing them. "I much prefer formal Midguardian attire, not this casual form," He said, gently pulling a chair out from the small table. I gave him a weak smile as he sat down opposite me.