1

There was a knock on my door, accompanied by my oldest brother's voice, "Haidee. Eat dinner with us. You haven't been outside of your room for two days."

I clutched my knees close to myself and let the never ending tears fall, "No." I said quietly.

"Come on, Dee." He said.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped.

He opened the door and entered. He sat down beside me and touched my shoulder. I removed his hand on me.

He sighed, "Look, Haidee. We all know you're hurt, but you can't stay like this forever."

"You don't understand," I told him, "It's not just about that stupid competition for that idiot's heart. It's about the rebels."

"Haidee, it's not your problem."

"Yet it is, Austin!" I exclaimed, "I know a lot about them. I saw them murder the queen and her husband in front of me. They know I'm alive. They know."

I was paranoid. You can't blame me for that. The only people that could calm me down we're at the palace. The place that I dreaded the most.

"Just eat with us tonight." He said, "Just this once."

I sighed and got up. I rushed to the dining room and sat on my chair.

This house was from him.

Can I ever escape him? Everywhere I look, I'm reminded of him. Everytime I look out of the window and see a couple, I'm painfully reminded of him. Everytime I see the flower necklace, I'm reminded of him.

We started eating. No one talked. I appreciated the silence but hated it once I heard what was on the T.V.

"Good evening, Illèa!" Sebastian exclaimed, "Tonight, we will have an exclusive interview on the final four of the competition!"

I struggled to hide my tears. I didn't dare let a single tear fall. I ate silently but I still listened.

"Let's talk to the man of the hour, our future king, Prince Thornton Zeke Koskinen!"

I bit my lip and quickly grabbed the cup of water. I drank it so I was looking at the ceiling to prevent the tears from falling.

"Thank you, Sebastian." Tony said with his fake smile.

I took a glance at the screen. Claire, Christine, Harriet, and Louise. That means Julianne, Bloom, Diana, and I were eliminated.

"So how's the competition going?" Sebastian asked.

"It's okay." He said simply, "I eliminated four girls."

"I'm surprised Lady Haidee isn't here with us today." Sebastian said, "I always thought she'd win."

I kept my gaze on my lap. Mom glanced at me worriedly. Austin and Atlas clenched their fists.

I didn't hear Tony's voice. He didn't answer.

"Anyway!" Sebastian exclaimed, "Let's interview Lady Harriet first."

I tightened my grip on the spoon at the mention of my traitor friend.

"Tell me, Lady Harriet. What happened at the reception?"

"Oh it was terrible!" She exclaimed.

I dropped my spoon. It made noise when it reached the glass plate.

"The Queen and Prince consort were killed by the rebels," Harriet said, "I tried to stop them! But they threw me off."

Nice acting skills, Harriet.