23

It felt like the time when Claire and Tony were partners. I watched them dance as I danced with someone who wasn't him.

Tony was leading the dance while Nina followed. He was as graceful as ever. I was distracted but that didn't affect my dancing.

Hudson was doing a great job following my pace considering that this was his first time.

He made me face him by pulling my chin, "Sophie."

"What?" I asked.

"I know you're upset that you're not partners with your boyfriend, but don't you think it's disrespectful to ignore the one you're currently dancing with?"

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I just—"

He held a hand in front of me—a sign to stop, "Hold up. No excuses allowed, madam."

I grinned and momentarily forgot why I was ignoring said partner. I just enjoyed dancing with this carefree boy and took some time to teach him the other steps. I taught him how to twirl me or how to lift me and found myself enjoying his company. He sort of reminds me of my oldest brother. I miss being in the arms of Austin.

I forced myself not to think or else I'll get sad all again.

Hudson made not getting sad easier. He made a lot of jokes like:

"One time Damien told me that onions were the only food that makes you cry. I said that a lot of food can. He didn't believe me," he said with a cheeky smile, "So I threw a coconut at his face."

I laughed and wiped some tears from my eyes, "Oh, god. Why did you do that?"

He smiled and shrugged, "I was just proving a point."

I laughed harder at the next story he told me.

"Derek told me one time that his body was that of a greek god," Hudson said.

I rolled my eyes, "I suppose that's where the nickname 'Eros' comes in."

He smiled, "Basically, yes. But really, I had to explain to him that Buddha wasn't greek."

I probably laughed like a mad man back there. Derek saw me and raised an eyebrow. I knew Tony glanced at me too but I didn't meet his eyes.

"I had a weird experience this morning," Hudson told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"When I was on my way here, when I crossed the subway—"

"I thought you slept in your dorm?" I asked in confusion.

He nodded, "Yup, but mom wanted me and my sister home because our aunt came home. So anyway, I saw this kid who had red, yellow, and green hair. He caught me staring at him so he asked in a grumpy voice 'What the f*ck are you looking at?' I kept on staring at him as I replied 'Sorry, but when I was about your age, I had s*x with a parrot and thought that maybe you were my son.' Oh, boy did he get mad."

I laughed, "You are messed up."

He showed a lopsided smile, "I know."

I wanted to adopt Hudson as my brother. I felt like he was sent to earth so he could make me feel like my brothers were still here.

"Alright, people. Let's do the dance from the top. Boys, wait at the sides until Sophie's part is over," Delilah ordered.

Hudson smiled, "Show us what you got, Soph."

I raised an eyebrow, "Giving me a nickname already?"

He shrugged and pushed me to my place, "I'll do what I want."