3

"I don't even know how I can talk to you now
It's not you, the you who talks to me anymore," I sang.

The couples were dancing while I sang. This song was a bitter song, a song that contains my feelings.

"And sure I know that sometimes it gets hard," I sang, thinking about everything we've been through, "But even with all my love what we had, you just gave it up."

It felt really weird to sing without anyone else. I always sang in a group or with someone else.

"Thought we were meant to be, I thought that you belonged to me," I really thought,"I'll play the fool instead, Oh but then I know that this is the end."

I'm never going to be with him again.

"Congratulations Glad you're doing great!" I sang the chorus with as much as emotion as I can but holding back tears, "Congratulations how are you okay?"

Some stopped dancing and just listened to me sing.

"How could you be so fine? I can see it in your eyes," I continued, "The same look that you gave me
that kills me inside. Oh."

"I don't even need to ask yeah
I know you too damn well yeah
I can see that smile and can tell
that you did more than move on," I sang, "I hate that you're happy
I hope that you can't sleep
Just knowing that I could be with someone new
That I'd be just like you."

I paused. It was the instrumental so I just observed my batchmates. Some clapped some danced again.

"Congratulations So you win again," I sang, "Congratulations You just took away, our memories so far, they're gone just like you are. Now all I have is me and its getting too hard."

It's so hard seeing him everywhere. How can I move on like this?

"I saw it on your face yeah
I knew you too damn well yeah
I heard you laugh and knew that
you did more than move on," I continued, "I hate that your happy. I hate that I can't sleep. Keep thinking bout how she now
seems better off too."

Oh how much can I relate?

"Just like I was with you." I ended the song and I was met with applause.

"That was great!" Claret exclaimed.

"You'd be a great singer," Joseph commented.

I smiled and did a curtsy out of habit. Then I heard them gasp and then suddenly they were all bowing.

My eyebrows furrowed. They shouldn't bow to me. I'm not a royal. Then my eyes drifted to the sound of clapping.

My eyes widened out of bewilderment, "Tony?" I muttered.

Was it really him? Was I dreaming? Should I go to him? Should I be mad at him? Should I forgive him?

I love you, Haidee. Always remember that. And because I love you, I have to let you go.

He smiled gave me a wave. I looked at him blankly while I walked down the stage and approached him carefully. I didn't know what I felt. Did I feel sad? angry?

He seemed to get that I wasn't exactly pleasant that I saw him today.

I always thought that when I see him again, I'll cry and run to his arms. But now?

The very thought of him kicking me out of the palace was infuriating. He tells me he love me one second and the next he says he's eliminating me. What kind of logic is that?

I curtsied to him, "Your highness."

It was obvious to me that he didn't like me being formal with him. He looked hurt. Hurt. If anything, I should be the one who is hurting.

I gave him a glare, "What brings you here, Prince Thornton?"

"We need to talk," He whispered to me.

Was he here to bring me back? He doesn't deserve me.

He cleared his throat, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have to take Haidee away."

"I thought she was eliminated?" Genevieve asked.

Exactly. I was so miserable these days trying to forget him, but now here he was, taking me away.

"She was," He replied, "But I need her. Now if you'll excuse us."

He pulled me awayㅡagainst my willㅡbut she talked again.

"Don't you think this is unfair to the other competitors?" Genevieve asked.

"Does she have a grudge on you?" Tony whispered.

I didn't respond. I only looked away and pulled my wrist from his hand. He pursed his lips and turned to Genevieve.

"We really need to leave."

With that, he pulled me away to the limosuine. I struggled to remove his grip on my hand but he was too strong.

"Why are you here?" I asked him coldly.

He looked at me grimly, "Something bad happened."

I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest, "And that concerns me how?"

He pursed his lips, "You're going to live in the palace from today."

I looked at him in shock, "What? Why? What about my family?"

He took a deep breath, "I'll explain. I promise. For now, you should see this."

We stopped in front of my house. I was still confused. When I got out of the car, I saw the guards around my house on the ground. Blood was oozing out of their uniforms. I gasped.

What happened?

Oh no. All these negative thoughts suddenly invaded my head. I ran inside my house, only to fall on the floor and cry.

Right there in the living room, was my dead family.

The television's screen was cracked. Everything was a mess. Vince was on the floor with blood dropping out of his head, creating a pool of blood on the floor. Austin laid down on the floor with three shots. One on his cheek, one in his stomach, and one on his leg and the blood mixed with Vince's. Atlas was lifeless on the couch, one bullet through his heart. Now the couch was stained with his blood. Mom had a knife through her heart and Dad was shot multiple times in his stomach.

My stomach churned at the sight.

"No, no, no." I muttered and crawled to their corpses. I kept shaking Vince saying, "This is a sick joke, Vince. Please wake up."

"Come on, guys. Stop this. It isn't funny." I said but they didn't wake up.

Xavier. Where is he?

I ran to the kitchen, full of hope. Maybe he survived?

No.

He was on the kitchen floor surrounded with broken pieces of glass.

I screamed in agony. Why did this have to happen?

I felt strong pairs of arms envelope me, "Shh. I'm here."

I yelled and wiggled from his grasp, "No! Leave me alone!"

He didn't let go of me despite all my struggles. I took deep breaths and yelled once again.

Tony tried to calm me down by whispering words in my ear. It didn't work.

No more tears fell. It was like my tears were out of supply. My voice was hoarse from screaming and my throat hurt.

"Why did they have to die?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry." He said.

My vision turned dizzy. It turns black then back to normal then black again. I clutched my head then I fainted.

--------------

The song was Congratulations by Day6 it was the english version. Check out their songs, they're amazing.