13

Staying still is hard. Especially if you're too anxious for what's to come. My maids dyed my hair back to blonde. I no longer wear the contacts which was a relief. Right now, my maids are fixing my make up for the ball. My hands were shaking but I held it tightly so it wouldn't show.

"Haidee, your knuckles are turning white." Hannah stated.

I smiled sheepishly and released my hands from each other, "Sorry. Just nervous."

Vivianne rolled her eyes, "You have nothing to be worried about."

"Well sorry, but unlike you, I don't have any idea what this is all about." I retorted.

"Girls," Georgia scolded, "Stop fighting. Now, Haidee. Stay still unless you want your whole eyebrow off."

I pursed my lips and stayed still but I still flashed a glare to Vivianne who smirked. The girls know how much I hate being too caked with make-up but they said I needed to look my best.

"We should hurry up if you still want to be on time." Hannah said.

"Why?" I asked, "What time is it?"

"4:47 pm." Hannah replied, "We have at most an hour and thirty minutes."

"Isn't a guard coming here to escort you there?" Vivianne asked.

Georgia nodded, "There is and Hannah, she doesn't need to follow the schedule. When the guard comes here, she should already be prepared."

Hannah nodded, "Right, sorry. That's for the Elite right?"

"Yup." Vivianne answered.

"Wait," I said, "What's with all these time things? Am I supposed to be laye because I'm not important."

The three of them shrugged.

"Pretty much." Vivianne stated.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "You're lying."

She shrugged, "What if I'm not?"

"Then I guess it's okay." I said, "At least my nervousness will lessen."

Nobody talked after that. I observed myself in the mirror as they worked on my make-up. My lips were still pale since they haven't applied lipstick on me yet. My face felt heavy with all the foundation, contours and other things they did to my face, but when I looked at the mirror, it still looked like me, only better.

"Maybe I should start doing her hair," Hannah suggested.

"Yes, of course." Georgia agreed, "And Vivianne, get the dress and the heels. Her make-up is almost done."

The girl followed and left the room. She was probably going to the dress-making room. Hannah stared at my hair and tried to put my hair up, then she looked at the mirror, shook her head then glanced at Georgia.

"What hairstyle should I do?" She asked.

Georgia paused from putting a rosy tint on my cheeks, "Put her hair up so she can dance without her hair bothering her. Make sure it holds on even if she makes extreme moves but it should still be elegant."

Hannah nodded and put my hair into a high ponytail. She started curling it and pinning it everywhere. It looked like a giant rose. She decorated it with white and gold flowers. Georgia applied the lipstick on me when she finished.

"Done." Georgia said.

At the same time, Vivianne entered holding the dress covered in a black covering. On her other hand, she held white heels decorated with golden flowers. I didn't see the purpose of decorating the heels because it would only be covered by the dress, but nontheless, it looked spectacular.