28

My breathing stopped when they said that. My eyes watered but I kept myself from crying, "I love you guys."

The three of them hugged me tightly. This heartfelt reunion was making me cry.

"Where have you been all this time?" Vivianne asked while wiping some tears.

"It's a long story," I replied, "I'll tell you when I have time."

"I knew we'd recognize you anywhere," Hannah said with a triumphant grin.

"Don't lie to me," I said and laughed, "you didn't recognize me as Eldora, remember?"

"But that was different!" Vivianne countered, "you wore contacts that time!"

I shrugged, "Still, you didn't recognize me."

They resumed on putting my makeup on as we chatted, but I made sure not to tell them where I was staying.

I trust them, but it's too risky.

They styled my hair in a half down half up hairdo. My hair was decorated with pink flowers and my makeup was absolutely stunning.

Vivianne chose my gown which was in the color of violet which had silver linings. It was a simple gown and nothing like what I've ever worn. But that didn't hinder me from looking elegant.

I smiled at my reflection, "This is beautiful, girls."

I missed this. This exact same feeling I get in the palace everyday.

"Thank you," I said in gratitude and hugged them.

They smiled at me before they told me that I should already head to the chapel. The girls that were finished were already waiting at the crossroads we went through where we split up with the men. The men were also there in formal suits and carefully styled hair. My eyes looked for Tony but I couldn't see him.

Did something happen?

I was getting paranoid when the clock ticked by and he still wasn't showing up.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen," one guard said, "please form a line by pairs."

A girl raised her hand and asked, "Should it be of the opposite sex?"

The guard shook his head, "No, but as far as I know, your number isn't even. So one will be left with no partner. He or she shall be at the last of the line."

The people started getting their partners. Tony was still nowhere to be found.

"Can you be my partner?" A voice said, followed by a small tug on my dress.

I looked at my back, a little startled. I looked at the little girl in front of me. Her blonde hair was down in cascading curls and her blue eyes were sparkling.

I didn't know we had a kid with us.

She was wearing a dark green gown made of velvet. The gown was decorated with red roses and so was her hair.

I forced myself to forget about Tony for a moment since this child didn't have anyone with her. I crouched down to reach her height.

"Hello there," I greeted her and smiled, "where's your mom?"

"My mom is in heaven," she replied, "but my mommy is at home."

My breathing hitched. This girl already lost her mom at such a young age. But she referred to 'mom' and 'mommy' as different persons. Could she be adopted?

"What's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Dorothea," she replied, "but my family calls me Thea."