BONUS CHAPTER!!

Okay so I know you guys are waiting for the third book but I'm currently working on my PJO/HOO fanfic. As a reward for waiting this long, here's a chapter for you ;)

𝓰𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓮

"Your majesty," I greeted the queen with a curtsy.

Her office had a tense but sad aura in it and I didn't know why. She was looking into paperworks with a cup of tea placed near her. When she heard my greeting, she looked up and gave me a small smile, "Have a seat, Lady Gayle."

I gave her a smile, "Gayle is fine, your majesty."

I lead myself to the sofa and sat down, putting my hands over my lap in a lady-like way. I shouldn't make a fool out of myself. One bad meeting with her will make my stay here bad. It's bad enough that she likes that stupid Haidee. Maybe that girl tells on me with the Queen.

Queen Eadlyn sighed and stood from her seat. She walked with grace towards where I was and sat down beside me. I wanted to smile. Maybe the queen likes me? I already thought of the other girls' faces when I brag it to them.

"Gayle," she called and took my hand.

"Yes, your majesty?" I asked with utmost politeness.

She began rubbing circles on my hand which made me more relaxed. I didn't force my body to be as lady-like as possible and just leaned on the comfy sofa.

"You might not know this but rebels are quickly infiltrating different states as of present." She looked at me in the eyes firmly, "and one of them is yours."

My heart thumped faster. What does all this mean? "Wh-What happened to my home? My family?"

The queen faced me with sad eyes and took me in for a hug. That small gesture made me burst in tears. This can't be happening, right? Who will nag me in the morning besides my mother? Who's going to keep on pestering me besides my little brother? Who's going to shoo off the boys who surround me besides my father?

"I'm sorry," she whispered and rubbed my back softly as I cried.

Now what? What am I going to do in my life? I know there's no chance that Zeke will choose me even if I keep on insisting it. There's no future for me here. If my parents were here I bet they'd scold me for thinking that way. But if it was a million scoldings it'd take to get them back, I'd gladly accept it.

"W-Were they given a proper burial?" I asked and detached myself from her to wipe my tears.

She nodded, "We're taking care of it, don't worry, Gayle."

I bit my lip to keep me from crying any longer and rose from my seat, "Thank you, your majesty," I thanked and bowed to her once again. I started walking towards the door when she talked again.

"It's entirely your decision if you want to stay or leave," she said, "if you choose the latter, we'll provide you with everything you need to survive. But if you stay, we're going to allow you to leave so you can visit your family's grave."

I nodded, "I'll tell the prince my decision. Thank you for your kindness."

"You're a strong girl, Gayle," she stated, "I admire you for not breaking down completely. Don't ever forget that when you stumble or fall, gather the courage to stand up again."

I took a deep breath and wiped my tears, "I will, thank you."

I left her office and proceeded to the third floor which was forbidden for us to enter. But I didn't care and dashed the flight of stairs towards it. There were guards by the end of the stairs halting me from going.