2

I took a deep breath and gripped the door knob. I wore my comfiest jeansㅡwhich happens to be from the palaceㅡand a t-shirt under a denim jacket.

As much as I didn't want to, I wore the flower necklace. I was going to send my reply to Uncle Ahren today.

Dearest Haidee,

I am sorry to hear that my nephew eliminated you and I see that you've won our bet. If you still want to be in France, send me a letter saying you're agreeing.

If you do agree, Then I'll send your ticket/s. Your date of departure will be on the weekend. So tell me your answer before the day.

I'll be waiting,
Uncle Ahren

Dear Uncle Ahren,

It's okay. It's not like I died. I can't even imagine what you've gone through since your twin died. I send my condelences to you and your family not only for the late queen but also for Chantelle.

I decided to take your offer. But I'll discuss it with my family if they're coming with me or not. Thank you again for that deal.

Yours truly,
Haidee

I turned the knob open and I was met with a face I didn't see in three days. I looked at her in shock. Her hand was up as if she was about to knock on the door but I opened it.

"Mary!" I exclaimed and jumped on the poor girl.

She laughed and hugged me too, "Hello, Haidee."

"What are you doing here?" I asked when I pulled out of the hug. I smiledㅡa real genuine smileㅡat the girl in front of me.

"It's not only me, though."

I looked at her in confusion but then suddenly, a girl behind her popped out.

I gasped and ran to hug the girl, "Julianne!"

She smiled and hugged me back, "Haidee."

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

Julianne put her hands in her jacket's pockets, "Well, we decided to hang out."

"We thought that maybe you felt lonely. So here we are!" Mary exclaimed.

"But did the guards permit you to leave?" I asked.

"Yup. But they needed to come with us," Julianne answered and motioned to a limo full of guards.

"Let's go! The surprise awaits." Mary said.

"Surprise? What surpise?" I asked as they pulled me to another limousine without guards.

Julianne rolled her eyes, "It's a surprise, dummy. We can't tell you."

"Just tell me," I said.

"Sorry, but no." Mary replied.

I sighed as I sat inside the car. Julianne and Mary were conversing in whispers. I only heard the words, 'exciting', 'love', and 'fun'. What could the surprise be?

If it had anything to do with the palace, I swear I'm going to freak out and cry.

We passed some curious citizens, trying to get a glimpse of who were inside the car. Some were pointing to us. Some were whispering.

Again with the unnecessary attention.

I wanted to get some fresh air so I put the window down to meet the wind.

The people saw me and screamed. They were waving at me so I smiled and waved back.

"Lady Haidee! You will always be our queen!" One citizen yelled.