Chapter 18

~ Kalel Cullen's POV ~

It's been what seems like years. I've been just searching for another human being, anyone. Suddenly I hear a low growl come from behind me. I slowly turn, and what I see is nothing normal. Before me is a giant living breathing totoro. It lets out a mighty roar and then I know it's over. My last thought is I wish I could just say sorry to my poor sweet Anthony.

~ Ian Hecox's POV ~

"Anthony?" I ask quietly.

"What?" he says as he walks over to me and sits down.

"Do you think we'll make it through this?" I say looking him straight. He just stares at me with sympathy and hugs into me tightly. When he pulls away and looks at me again.

"Of course babe."

"What about Kalel?" I say trailing off slightly at the last word.

He walks away and punches a tree full force and then walks back. He points the finger of his now bleeding hand at me.

"Don't you ever, EVER, say that name to me! Do you hear me!?" he yells. I wince at him yelling and close my eyes and slightly curl into a ball. I remember the last time he yelled.

~ Anthony Padilla's POV ~

I realize now just how threatening I am. All I had to to was raise my voice and he thinks that I'm going to hit him. What kind of monster am I?

I lower myself to Ian's level and hug him tightly. "I'm so sorry babe. I don't ever want to hurt you again. and I honestly mean that okay." He doesn't say anything, just nods. I need to control myself, if not for my sake, for Ian. And then, we hear a cannon shoot.