Chapter 20

~ Sawyer Hartman's POV ~

A soon as the sun goes down we hear a booming voice all across the arena. "Here are all the fallen tributes." Then a burst of light shoots across the sky and says, May they all rest in peace. Then the pictures start. I close my eyes tightly, holding in some tears and then look. It's TheRPGMinx. I sigh and wait for the next. It's Joey. I let out the hidden tears and know that I should've stayed with him all along. I give up. There is no way I'm going to make it, and there's no way I would want to after this. I grab my night vision camera, break the lens, grab a piece of glass and cut my own throat. I hear a cannon go off and then it all goes black.

~ Anthony Padilla's POV ~

I can't even look at the projection. Knowing that because of this person, people I have known for years died at each others hands, made me sick to my stomach. Ian decides to watch, for reasons unknown to me. He gasps. When I look at him he is sitting there next to me with his mouth with his hand, his eyes wider than the moon. I look at the screen and see Kalel. Perfect, beautiful Kalel. I never got to apologize. I just hug into Ian with all that I've got, he's the only person I have left in this world. He hugs me back and I fill his shoulder with tears.

~ Seananner's POV ~

I feel so bad for leaving Mark, but if I want to survive, I need to be on my own. I already see that a few have died. Joey, Kalel, Minx, and now Sawyer. I'm not sure if it's a good thing, or a bad thing that Mark's still alive. He's probably going to want a piece of me. I hope I can appeal to his better judgement. Behind me I hear a crack nearby. I turn and back up slowly. I hear another crack from behind me and I jump. I try to study the trees around me, but before I could do anything I feel something sharp plunge into my side. Then I get just a glimpse of a face that's truly sinister.