PROLOGUE

I was surrounded with the wonder of perfect love stories since I was a young girl

I was surrounded with the wonder of perfect love stories since I was a young girl. Lumaki ako na humihiling na sana pagdating ng araw maranasan ko din ang naranasan nila. Hoping that someday, I'll get the heart fluttering love story like my mother had when she met my father.

I never wanted the grandeur of expensive gifts, the delight of mind boggling surprises, or the rush of feelings of being the center of not only that special someone's attention but also the world as they envy the big sweet gestures.

What I wanted was the typical prince charming sweeping me off my feet. I want to feel the warmth of his hands as he holds me tight...never letting me go. I want him to be strong like my father. Na po-protektahan niya ako sa mga bagay na makakasakit sa akin. I want him to understand the depth of my heart and recognize that he's the only one who can break it. I want him to make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world at gusto ko na ako lang ang mamahalin niya hanggang sa pagtanda namin. I want him to dance with me under the moonlight where our love will light the gloom of the night.

I wanted the simple things. But I was so foolish to think it was that easy.

I was stupid to hope for all that na para bang magic na basta na lang ibibigay sa akin 'yon ng mundo. Akala ko madali lang ang mga bagay na hinangad ko pero hindi pala.

I got my heart stepped on over and over again. Loving and not receiving the same thing back? Falling out of love? Emotionally getting drained? Been hurt physically? Controlling relationship? Been cheated on? Letting go because he fell in love with someone else?

Naranasan ko na ata lahat 'yan sa iba't-ibang tao. Akala ko wala ng mas sasakit pa na hindi lang sa puso kundi pati sa katawan ko maramdaman ang latay ng sakit ng pagkabigo. Pero hindi pala. Mas masakit pala na bitawan ka niya, dahil hindi na ikaw ang naiisip niya na makasama sa bukas. Mas masakit pala...na makalimutan niya ang lahat ng meron kayo, dahil mas naging masaya siya sa piling ng iba.

Masakit pala na akala mo nahanap mo na ang tamang tao...pero hindi pala kayo tama para sa isa't-isa.

I thought he was the only constant thing in my world. Like he's the moon in my night sky. That when I look up, he will always be there as my solace. But he wasn't. He was just a satellite who came to the end of it's span, engulfed with fire that came blazing to the atmosphere of the Earth...so fast until the only thing left in the dark night sky is nothing.

He broke me, I admit that. Nakakatawa nga na ang isang babaeng lumaki at sinanay na maging matatag, ay luluhod din pala sa harap ng pag-ibig. Na si Aiere Roqas, anak ng dalawa sa pinakamagaling na agent sa BHOCAMP, ay talo pala pagdating sa pinakamatandang larong meron sa mundo.

I was fine with that. I already gave up. Dahil tanggap ko na na hindi ako mananalo sa larong to kahit kailan. I don't want to hope for a moon again only to learn in the end that I only have an artificial satellite.

...

...

Until I heard his voice and the sweet mesmerizing tune of his guitar. And suddenly under the dark gloomy night I saw it again.

...

...

The moonlight.