7

Harry Potter followed the girl smaller than him with the scar over her face. She seemed nice even though she looked scary at first.

He never really thought the saying "don't judge a book by its cover" was so accurately true to follow.

When they got to the Great Hall they entered quietly and unnoticed by anyone until they were by Minerva, Sirius, and Remus.

"I see you've met each other already," said Dumbledore with a chuckle.

"Yes, now we have two annoying children running around in the castle" noted Snape in his forever negative tone.

"Severus, please. That's enough" said Minerva starting to get angry.

"Hey, how are you little girl?"

Hermione saw the two strangers next to Minerva and hid behind her. She normally didn't like the attention of strangers and always hid behind the nearest person she knew.

"Hermione, be polite. Say hello to Remus and Sirius," instructed Minerva.

Hermione peeked her head behind from her and met eyes with the darker haired one with grey eyes.

"Hello," she said nervously.

"What's that on your face?"

"Sirius, I don't think you should ask that" whispered Remus.

"Uncle, guess what?"

"What is it, Harry?"

"Hermione's like you. She's a werewolf" said Harry.

"What? Is- is that true? Professor McGonagall is that true?"

The deputy head and professor nodded her head.

"How? At what age?"

"A year old, at the oldest" said Dumbledore.

"What? That's younger I was. Does anyone know who did it?"

"Not officially documented, but we have our suspicions on the same one who did you. Fenrir Greyback" said Dumbledore.

"I can't believe it. That's horrible" thought Remus.

He looked to behind his former professor and at the little girl. She was going to start school and be cursed with the werewolf marking all across her face.

"Tabby why'd you have to tell them?"

"They asked, Hermione. It would be impolite to ignore them" said Minerva.

"But no one cares" whispered Hermione to herself.

"Sorry I told them," apologized Harry.

She only hid behind her guardian more and buried her face in her silk robes.

"Hermione, are you going to answer him?"

Minerva sighed when the girl only shook her head.

"It's okay, Harry. She's just not used to this sort of thing. She's more self reserved" explained Minerva.

Harry noticed the girl his age frown behind her and felt worried about her. Would she be alright when Hogwarts does start?

He stopped listening when the adults starting talking to each other, and just thought about when he would be in Hogwarts. Soon he would be sorted. Oh he couldn't wait.