12

"No one was dead," was the only way Hermione could stay positive after every day of the month that she was a werewolf. Harry always tried to cheer her up without her having to say that so much. It didn't do much help no matter how hard he tried.

But right before Christmas break something strange happened. Professor Quirrell was sneaking around the castle with his turban making noises that scared the man walking.

Hermione had to run outside as it was almost a full moon, and Harry was trying to keep up behind her but they ran into the professor.

Hermione tried to recover from the fall but she couldn't s as she felt her bones slowly shifting and her head shaping into one of a wolf's. Her veins popped out of her skin as she grew fur everywhere, and Harry had just found his glasses when he saw her.

"W-w-werewolf!"

Harry turned to the professor and right when he was going to change into his illegal animagus ability, he heard a grunt come from behind the man's head.

"Professor, I know it seems bad but we need to get her outside quick"

"Mister P-P-Potter, I will not go near that m-m-monster"

Harry was angry when the man used those choice of words. For someone who stutters and faints, he had a lot of nerve to say such a thing about Harry Potter's best friend.

In a protective instinct, he reached for his wand in his back pocket. He casted the first spell that came to mind.

"Wingardium LeviOsa!"

Unfortunately for his rage, his aim was off. Fortunately for the sake of his and the whole school's life, it aimed to the turban on his head.

"Quirrell, what have you done?"

The yelling voice came from the professor but his mouth wasn't moving. Then Harry noticed something strange. His head, the back of it, was abnormally large. Almost like he.. he had another head.

He actually had another head attached to his own. It had the face of another male, with red eyes, and slits for a nose.

"You're... you're him. You're Voldemort" realized Harry.

Behind him, his best friend was nearly a werewolf, but he was caught off guard by the face of the one who gave him his scar and left him an orphan.

"Harry Potter... it's been too long"

Harry came back to attention when he heard a noise. A sort of grunt an animal might make.

"Hermione..."

He was glad she took the potion that his sort-of-uncle Remus does every full moon.

"Quick, get to Hagrid's hut!"

Almost a werewolf, she quickly ran off, towards the location he told her, and he turned back to face the fraud of a professor.

"You lied to the school. You lied to Dumbledore"

"Oh, did I now? I had no idea"

Harry didn't like his sarcasm one bit. Before he could even think of what spell to use on the two-faced professor, he saw a glimpse of blond hide in the shadows down the hall.

He didn't have to think much to know who it was, as it seemed to stand out the same as Draco Malfoy's hair quite too coincidentally.

Right as he turned his attention back to the two headed body, a pair of eyes was already on what Harry was just looking away from.

"Someone's seen us, s-s-sir!"

"Well what are you waiting for? Go and get them"

"No!"