13

A/N: SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOO VERY SORRY I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN FOREVER! Please forgive me...
ALSO, 1) forgive my virtual shouting, I am just very upset for being uninspired and or forgetful for updating this in the whole winter break.
And 2) I dedicate this part to SashaHaidar for requesting me to update it yayyyyyyyy
Enjoy
_______

"Potter?"

The forehead scarred boy looked from the words on his muggle book, spared a glance at the cursed muggleborn beside him, and looked up to meet the silver-grey eyes of the pale boy he saved less than twenty hours ago.

"Yes, Malfoy?"

They haven't been in contact since the incident. Not a glance at, mention of, or word towards the other.

Harry spoke about it to Hermione only once, and Draco spoke of it to his most understanding friend, and another Slytherin who had happened to be there very quietly and undisturbed.

"About, er, that whole... troll and You-Know-Who business yesterday. Well, I just wanted to say thank you"

Hermione couldn't concentrate on her book any longer, as those words had broke her only distraction from thinking of and looking at the bystander of all her bullied incidents.

"Oh, um, yeah it was no problem. I wouldn't want to let someone die. My parents sacrificed themselves for me. I'll do whatever it takes to keep everyone I love and care about safe, like they did. I don't not love anyone, except maybe... I got a grudge against You-Know-Who, but you know how it is"

The Slytherin snorted in amusement, making Harry laugh along with him. Hermione only rolled her eyes at her friend's words, and placed her book down to look at him in all seriousness and no amusement.

"Well, I better get going. Curfew is nearing and the dungeons have loud echoes to snitch on anyone up late" Draco excused himself.

"Wait, what time is it?"

"Can't say for sure..."

"Hermione-?"

The bookworm was already scavenging through her bag of things for her muggle pocket watch, something she got as a gift a few years back from McGonagall.

"Oh no" she whispered under her breath.

"What?"

"9:57" she said in a small voice, startled at how late they've been in the library.

"What?! We'll never make it" Harry panicked.

"If you won't, then I surely wouldn't. I've got to go down five flights of stairs, some of which have trick steps or move on it's own time" worried Draco.

"We could try to make it to Gryffindor, I'm sure no one will mind you being there for a night"

"Listen to yourself, everyone will mind. I'm a Slytherin, and they hate my guts because of my family's reputation of being among the sacred 28, and my father's superiority and pride over it"

"Well, maybe if I try to explain... it could make them withstand your stay for the night"

"Harry, anything else you'd like to say to waste our two minutes minute and twelve seconds?"