8|Survival Of The Fittest

I ramble a lot and as a result my writing turns incoherent. Sorry about that.

Adam doesn't know how to best describe his experience. Its a train-wreck, something incoherent that’s for sure.

At some point a drink is shoved in his hand and he greedily drinks it like a dying man and an oasis. The taste is burning and Adam really doesn’t like it but it stops him thinking about anything else. However, the party wouldn’t be one their parties if they didn’t play some  ’immature’ game.

Scott downs the last of his drink while Mitch gathers everybody into the living room. They sit in a sloppy circle, Avi so drunk he has to lean against Matt, pressed back to chest. Kevin is still next to him and his presence is comforting.

Scott places the empty bottle in the middle, grins knowingly at everyone. “Truth or dare?”

“What are we, thirteen?” Jenika shoots back but she grins back at Scott who in turn snorts.

“Yup,” he says.

There’s a chorus of “fine” and then the bottle is spinning, slowing and then stopping at Chris. He grins almost childishly.

“So,” Scott grins, “truth or dare?”

“Uh, truth,” Chris says. Scott looks thoughtful.

“Where did you lose your virginity?” Chris glows red. He half covers his face, smiling embarrassedly whilst everyone waits on him.

“In the back of 1976 Chevy Impala,” he looks nervous almost, worrying his lower lip. He quickly grabs the bottle and spins it while everyone else crumples in laughter. It slows and comes to land on Kevin, just barely.

Chris has a hilariously dangerous look. “Truth or dare?” his eyes flick to Adam briefly.

Kevin pauses in thought for a moment. “Dare,” he says it almost slowly as he were treading on a minefield. To be fair, Adam thinks, that kind of apprehension is to be expected from someone who choses dare. Chris gives a lopsided smirk.

“Kiss the person - ” Adam already hates this, hates the way his brothers eyes narrow in on him, “ – on your right, for a minute.” Adam, was indeed, on Kevin’s right. His face glows and Scott wolf whistles, grinning happily at Adam and Kevin who turned away bashfully.

“C’mon Adam, you can do it,” Jenika says, puckering her mouth mockingly. Adam glows crimson.

“You gotta do it, it’s a dare,” Mitch supplies unhelpfully, dark eyes knowing and mouth quirked up dangerously.

Adam looks at Kevin and Kevin looks at Adam. Everyone falls silent. He leans in, hand supporting him, Kevin mimicking him. Breath fans over his face and it smells like orange juice. Adam licks his lips and Kevin does too.

The first touch of their lips is slow, and distantly, Adam is aware of someone counting down. His eyes are closed. Its slow and soft, but eventually grows hungry. Adam’s tongue licks Kevin’s lower lip, who surprisingly lets Adams tongue in, curling and fighting as they press closer. Kevin’s teeth bite his lips and Adam moans softly.

Jenika laughs, and Adam pulls away breathless, eyes still closed. “I told you, I told you –“ Adam reaches over to flick her in the arm, face burning. Next to him, Kevin grins and knocks Adam's arm and that makes something in Adam relax – it wasn't a romantic thing.

Kevin reaches for the bottle and spins it, watching it and waiting for who it lands on. It lands on Kirstin. The woman grins. She chooses truth.

“Something you regret,” Kirstin looks thoughtful for a moment.