17|Nebulae And Thunder

He spends more time with Austin. If you’d like to say, they go out on dates. They never hold hands, but they do stand closer than necessary. It isn’t usually out somewhere though, their dates are usually composed of buying take-out and laying together aimlessly.

Adam loves moments like these, because unlike when they steal kisses at practice, these moments are sweet and slow. Their stolen kisses are rushed, desperate and needy, full of everything they can’t say because there’s no time. Their moments together, their dates, are different. These kisses, touches, are slow and relaxed and they’re not meaningless, not by any means, but they say something different, because what they couldn’t save before, they can now.

They never last long, never long enough. But they don’t really need long, because Austin will kiss Adam until he forgets about the clock mentally ticking in head; wet tongue short-circuiting the fragile clock's wire work. They’ll take turns pushing each other into the mattress, hands roaming, never sexual simply curious. They haven’t gotten to that part yet. They’ll wait. Adam isn’t sure if either of them is ready. 

It’s not usually kissing though, they prefer to bask in each others presence, touching, however minutely. Adam adores this, spread out on possibly the world’s fluffiest bed, touching someone else. It feels intimate, but not to the point of suffocating.

He still loses his mind sometimes though; worrying about Chance, wondering how Jen and Olena are, wondering how Chris is, and he’s happy about that. It means he hasn’t forgotten them to someone who could never be them. He doesn’t get how people could lose their friends simply because of a partner. It doesn’t really matter to him though, as long as he doesn’t abandon his friends.  But there’s still a hollowness in his heart, an aching cavity that's surrounded by barely there flesh and he hates that, hates it more than most things. But Austin seems to be intent on fixing that.

He asks how they are, what they’ve been doing and it makes Adam smile. He’s trying to get a good relationship with the people he loves most.

But he also fixes it in other ways; the kisses that he presses into Adam’s skin sows seeds into the velvet muscle of his heart, golden daffodils and marigolds curling up through the valves of his heart and into his veins and arteries. The simplest of his touch invoke a heavenly choir that thrums through every fibre of Adam’s being. His smile makes Adam see gold, magical and glorious in its presence. He is something magical to be hold; he is not only the stars but the magic that holds them there, the hand of God and the face of nature. Adam’s heart trips over its feet, almost like something chasing impossibly fast, out of reach. A child trying to catch sunbeams. Someone wanting the moon.

He’s pulled out of his thoughts by wet kisses being pressed on his jawline. “Thought I lost y'there,” Austin says, partially muffled, due to his mouth still mostly pressed against his jaw. Adam’s absently running his hands through Austin’s short wavy bob.

“Hm?” Adam’s still lost.

Austin smiles, pressing their noses together briefly, before pressing their lips together briefly. “My little daydreamer,” he kisses him again. “What should your nickname be?” he kisses Adam’s nose, to which Adam giggles. “Star? No,” his mouth trails across his cheek, “baby doll? Too old. Oh. Nebulae?” he pauses talking to suck a bruise into the middle of Adam’s throat, humming  as he does so, hands seemingly tapping out a rhythm on Adam’s hips.

He pulls back, only to lick at the mark. “Yes. My baby nebulae, fantastical and glorious even when you can’t see it.” Adam’s breath catches and his head falls back, baring his throat to Austin’s assault. Soft moans escape. Austin’s now teasing, especially when he pauses kissing Adam to ask, “What’s my nickname?”

Adam’s brain is momentarily fried, but for the second that it takes to catch up he’s surging forward and capturing Austin’s mouth. “Thunder,” he murmurs it against Austin’s mouth, feeling the other man’s smile.

Thunder and nebulae. Huh. They are a pair, aren’t they?

------
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed please vote and comment!