13|Kisses Are Food For Thought

Adam thinks about kissing Austin. Well he did before, but he’d never been as close to Austin as he was on the night of that party. He thinks of how their mouths would fit together, and how it would go on. He imagines slow kisses, the kind you share at dawn when you're still awake. Rough kisses, like the ones you share at night, something like fire in your veins and a heartbeat in your ears and your no longer sure if it’s yours or not. He imagines quick ones, the ones you have in the midst of a chaotic morning.

Sometimes though, his thoughts about the russet haired male are not as innocent as the press of mouths. He thinks about the feel of warm, real Austin underneath his hands, about tracing all of features with worshipping fingertips, before retracing every step meticulously with his tongue and mouth. About how Austin would sound. Would respond. What Austin would do to him.

But then, Austin isn't Adam's and Adam isn't his. That’s a fact. So he shoves the thoughts away, no matter how suffocating they are with every interaction. He'll live. He’s fine. He’s okay. Sometimes he thinks he's a better liar than what he actually is.

He probably would think about Austin for most of the day, if it weren’t for the phone blaring. He blinks blearily before he sluggishly reaches for the phone, hitting answer before looking at the contacts name. It’s four in the morning, and he’s hasn’t been to sleep, but he already knows who it is.

“Good morning Jen,” he says.

“Morning? Anyways, how did your night go? Oh wait don't tell,” she says. “Country boy looks as if he’s about to kiss you, brotherly panic takes over and Chris steps in and then the moment is ruined and he doesn’t look at you the same way?”

Adam lets out a breath, “I hate you.”

“That’s a lie,” she snorts. “But if it pleases you so, pretend you do.”

Adam groans as he flops down onto his bed. “I’m not sure whether I hate Chris or not.”

“Easy, you don't,” Jen retorts.

Adam rolls his eyes and turns onto his back. “C’mon then, tell me about Olena.”

“She was great,” Jenika says, and Adam knows that’s not all of it. He says nothing in response and waits. Jenika caves in. “We kissed – well, more accurately made out but they're minor details.” Adam knows she’s probably blushing. “We have a date tomorrow.”

“Yes! One of us is successful! Thank God it had to be one of us,” he laughs.

Jenika laughs too, “God you're a dork.”

“Hey, I’m great!” he says defensively. Jen snorts.

“Sure you are,” she elongates it all, drawing out the vowels. “But yeah, she’s great. She has the world’s best smile, and her laugh is so sweet!” Adam smiles at her lovesick rambling, “She’s also really warm, I love that.”

“Jesus, we need to get you two a room,” Adam laughs, as does Jenika.

“Yes please! Anyway,” she says, changing the topic effortlessly. It’s four in the morning. Adam doesn’t have the ability to fight it. “Lets talk about Chris some more and his,” she pauses. “Over-protectiveness of his little brother.”

Adam laughs out a groan, “That's not what you wanted to say at all, is it?”

“No, but sometimes you act like a virgin who’s never heard of sex.”

“He didn’t really do anything?” it’s more of a question than the statement he intends for it to be.

There’s a fairly long pause. “Two things; first, you ran away and then Austin followed you. You were gone for quite awhile so naturally Chris thought you guys were already fucking in there –“ Adam's face burns, “- and secondly, the moment Chris said anything or, I’m assuming he said anything Austin jumps like ten foot in the air. The man looked like he’d been caught stealing! So, I’m calling bull, now 'fess up, 'fore I have to rough up an older Rupp. Trust me, I will.”

“Chris simply said Austin's name,” Adam says. “Austin was leaning in slightly and he was already pretty close – “

“He was going to kiss you!” Adam’s now convinced he’s deaf in his right ear. “He totally wanted to.”

Adam wrinkles his nose. “That’s gross. I had just thrown up.”

“Ew. But he probably didn’t care,” Jenika says. “Sometimes when you really like someone who your infatuated with, or in love with, sometimes you just really wanna kiss 'em.”

“Now I have this really gross image in my head, thanks Jen,” Adam mutters, pouting.

“Aww baby,” she coos mockingly. “Shut up and go to sleep.”

“Your one to talk.”

“I don’t have work in the morning.”

Adam groans, “I hate you and I hate Chance. Making me actually do work.” Jenika laughs.

“Night, blondie!”

“Your blonde too!” he says back, smiling. He yawns as the call ends. He puts his phone on charge and checks the time. He sleeps for a while until he has to get up.

Work is boring (as usual), but it’s easier because Adam thinks about what Jenika said.

“He was going to kiss you.”

Adam hopes to god that was true.

---
Eep, a bit of Adam's thoughts and a conversation with Jenika!

Thanks for reading! And please vote/ comment if you enjoyed!