11|I Told You So

It’s his first birthday with the band. April 23rd comes and goes and he only gets birthday wishes from the people that know, that being Chris, Chance and Jen and honestly, Adam doesn’t care. He gets cake and cards and he’s happy with himself and his friends and they don’t really need to say much.

Or, at least, that was how it was supposed to go. It did for the most part, but then it’s April 24th and there’s a knocking on his apartment door. He opens it to meet the red grinning face of Jenika.

“Um, hi,” he says as she pushes past him.

She squeals, smiling and for half a second looks extremely tempted to start jumping up and down and Adam really has no clue what this is about.

“You okay?” he isn't concerned, more just at a loss as to Jenika's sheer excitement. Jenika grins brightly.

“Okay,  so,” she pulls Adam so that they're both sat on the couch, facing each other, “remember when you said Olena liked me?”

“Of course,” Adam nods slowly, thinking. And then it clicks. A wide smile slowly spreads over his face.

Jenika notices it and her grin, if it’s even possible, gets bigger. “Well, we got talking and,” Jenika stops and clears her throat again almost squealing again, “she asked me out.” It's impossible to much how much happiness that Jen used to say that sentence, but it was so much so that it was whisper, as if she were afraid of it breaking.

“That’s great, Jen,” he nudges her shoulder. He pauses for a moment. “Did I,” he starts, not looking at her, already hearing her groan, “or did I not tell you, that she likes you? Did I or did I not, huh Jen?” he laughing and Jenika hits him in the shoulder, smiling. She rolls her eyes affectionately.

“Fine,” she pouts, “but only this once, blondie.”

“I told you so,” Adam sing-songs, “I told you so.” Jenika laughs. She nods.

“You did tell me so,” she pulls him into a hug, “thank you.”

He pulls back to look at her. “No problem,” he pinches her cheeks, and she pouts. He snickers and let’s go, and she rubs them.

“Now, all we need,” she starts and Adam already wants to kick her out, “is to get you in country boy's pants.” Adam's face burns and pouts.

“When did this become about me?” Jenika pauses for a moment, thinking. She checks an imaginary watch.

“As of twenty seconds ago.”

“Not fair,” he whined, “you had a chance, and now,” he gestures at Jen, “you’ve got her. I don't have a chance.”

Jenika blinks at him. “Of course you do, you have Chance.”

Adam pulls a face. “Was that a pun?”

“It was,” Jenika nods.

“God save me,” he falls back into the couch but finds a pillow and buries his face in it.”

“That’s okay, I'll answer to that too,” Adam groans and feels Jenika get up off of the couch. She pulls the pillow off of his face. “C'mon, get up.”

“No,” he says, a little childishly.

“Do you want to go get drunk or not?” she raises a brow at him.

For all of thirty seconds, Adam weighs up the pros and cons of drinking. “Sure,” he pushes himself up and is going to get his jacket, wallet and keys.

“C'mon then slowcoach,” Jen calls from the front door. “Do you have a speed beside snail?”

Adam rolls his eyes but follows her but not before making sure the door is locked. “Where we going then?”